Re: HTC ONE part 2
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

That's good new for no one.

Verizon will still sit on their hands, then off a 4 month old phone for for $200+ while everybody else has been selling it for $100.

We've missed out on all the HTC offers, etc...

Looks like AT&T for me this week.

How commendable verizon, for still not offering a device everybody else has had for months!!!

I can just hear the commercials now..

"Now on the most expensive network, the phone everybody else has had, The HTC ONE. Come in and get it...oh wait, you've already switched carriers? No biggie..."

Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

Wow a lot of you guys are actually hammering in this September release date. Wait till the end of the month to start talking.

>>Edited to remove profanity<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

My source is saying end of July and so far signs are pointing to that (HTC offer). If they don't deliver, s4 it is.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Believe me my HTC One did not cost me $100.  I paid $679 at T-Mobile but it is a nice phone.

The trouble is Verizon will probably offer it for $200 and then you will lose unlimited data. Or you can pay the $700 and keep unlimited but that will be your choice.

The delay will be so Verizon can place bloatware and crapware on the HTC One, and if the other carriers are running Jelly Bean 4.2 Verizon will be one update behind. But if the phone works that is all that matters. By the way I have the 32 GB of course Verizon will carry the 16 GB only. AT&T is selling the phone half price with contract and 64 GB.

The choice is yours.

Klue
Master - Level 1

According to HTC web site the ONE is offered only in 32/64gb.  When it comes to Verizon they will offer the 32gb model.

The downside of this phone for me is there is no expandable storage, no removable battery, doesn't have the best Gorilla glass, doesn't have the latest Android operating system, and just an average camera with some neat software. Otherwise it's a great phone.  I can upgrade now so I'm still debating between the One and the GS4. If I decide on the One I will wait for Verizon, so I got some more time to think about  my choice.

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Klue wrote:

According to HTC web site the ONE is offered only in 32/64gb.  When it comes to Verizon they will offer the 32gb model.

The downside of this phone for me is there is no expandable storage, no removable battery, doesn't have the best Gorilla glass, doesn't have the latest Android operating system, and just an average camera with some neat software. Otherwise it's a great phone.  I can upgrade now so I'm still debating between the One and the GS4. If I decide on the One I will wait for Verizon, so I got some more time to think about  my choice.

I'm almost with you on this.  Besides, I always keep my phone in a case, thus making the HTC One's sleek aluminum case almost moot.  However, I use my phone a lot as a speaker phone, so the HTC One has a practical advantage in that regard.  Just don't know.  I've read that the S4 is/has an upgrade to the OS that allows you to install apps the the SD card. Was almost a deal killer with the 9-10 gb left on the internal card after the OS and bloatware.  I'm also wondering on the future of HTC.  Looks like they are having a hard time competing on a global scale.  With VZW really hurting them with the delay....

MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

Danishs wrote:

You guys can count on a late June release date with the exact date being announced a couple of days before its available.

Your right Danishs...

0 Likes
joemn
Enthusiast - Level 3

One can only imagine what the "surgeons" at Verizon have done to the king of the hill in cell phone technology for the past 4 months.  Cosmetics?  Software Improvements? Unlocking bootloader? Making bloatware owner compliant and able to be removed?  Perhaps adopting an open philosophy which allows competing technologies fair access to Verizon's platform.  Well these things CAN happen.  Oh,  fat chance, you say.  All indications are all systems proceeding at full speed, in the exact opposite direction.  An offering of a severely crippled system in midlife doldrums and a giant marketing campaign.

Yes, we hear you now.

mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

...And remember this?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Leaked-image-supports-recent-talk-of-a-Verizon-branded-HTC-One_id4344...

"Based on what evleaks is saying, Verizon will not wait until November to  cash in on HTC's hot selling device. But HTC has already sold 5 million units of the handset and Verizon does want a piece of that. The serial leaker says that you can expect the HTC One to hit Verizon before July with the larger screened HTC T6 being launched in the Fall to replace the HTC DROID DNA.

And  evleaks also revealed a photograph that was said to be sourced by  someone in advertising or public relations, or possibly in accessory  manufacturing "that needs advance knowledge of upcoming devices."

and more from Danishs.

"Llabtoofer is saying a late June release is probably going to happen..  which is REALLY good. Since they just announced the Nexus One which is  coming out late June and the s4 Mini which is coming in late June I'm  guessing they should announce the One for us soon"

0 Likes