Re: HTC ONE part 2
rcschnoor
Legend

pmangr wrote:

But she finally answered my initial question.  To buy out my Bionic contract, $65, to buy out my wife's iPhone, $160 (Dec 6 end date).  So I stand corrected as the DO prorate the termination fee.

For smartphones, the ETF is $350 and is reduced by $10 for each month of your contract which has been completed.

If the contract on your line with the Bionic is $65, then you last signed a contract on that line when purchasing a basic phone, not a smartphone. For example, the ETF on a smartphone starts at $350. After 23 months, the ETF would be $350 - (23 x $10) or $120. After 24 months, you would not have an ETF.

If you last signed a contract on that line when purchasing a basic phone, the ETF starts at $175 and is reduced by $5 for each month of your contract which is completed. To have an ETF of $65, you have completed 22 months of your contract, $175 -(22 x $5) = $65.

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Interesting observation.  Actually, the Bionic was a new addition to my contract. At the time I got the Bionic I had a normal feature phone and the Xoom tablet, which is why I got the 4g LTE version (well it was 3g at the time of purchase and later upgraded).  I think they used the upgrade that was available on my feature phone to reduce the initial cost of the Bionic, because back then they gave you an even better upgrade bonus than they do now. I still have the feature phone line, but that has been upgraded too, 3 months after I got the Bionic.  I let my mother use that phone as it is cheaper just to let her share my unlimited minutes, that it would be for her to have her own phone.  Funny, but the feature phone is no longer under contract and neither is my Xoom.

Don't know why the numbers are what they are.  The Bionic's contract ends Sept 8.  The iPhone ends Dec 6.  My wife loves her iPhone 4s, and if she doesn't want the iPhone 5, I can get her the same phone for free at AT&T and the HTC One for me for $99 (deal for my Bionic at AT&T).  So, like I said, as each day passes, it's becoming more and more tempting to jump ship. 

COME ON VERIZON, GIVE ME A REASON TO STAY!!!!

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Wow, you signed a 5 year contract?  That's where you made your mistake.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

This week, I am looking to leave V with my 9 lines.

There is absolutely no reason for them to not offer this phone.

We are now going on 3 months past when the other carriers offered theirs.

Good luck to all. I hope they don't string you along too much longer, but since the end of summer is Sept. 21, I think you'll be waiting til Sept. 20.

...and a couple of months after that, ALL the other carriers will offer the ONE II.

>>Post edited to remove rude remark and discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to  moderator or   if you have concerns about moderation.<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

exactly.  when i said that i heard that it was going to be released in September from a high up Verizon source, I was asked 'what I was babbling about' by a member here.

right.

Been happy at ATT with a great phone since May...says the non-babbling me.

Funderbird
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Incredible died over the weekend. Verizon tried so hard to get me to give up my unlimited data plan i had. I got so sick and tired of them doing this and not providing the HTC One that just walked out of the store, went to AT&amp;T and signed my contract. Love my 64 GB HTC One immensely and my new service has matched my previous Verizon service in Phoenix, if not exceed the reception I previously had in some areas. The download speeds absolutely kill those on Verizon (granted that I was using a pretty old phone).

Agree with nneptune, Well worth the change.

MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wait... so you left Verizon to get unlimited data... when not even AT&T offers unlimitted data anymore. I feel like you should haev waited...

MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
MexicanoBloanco
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes