Re: HTC ONE part 2
Not applicable

The phone I have read does come in Red. At T-Mobile it is in Silver and also in Black. I purchased the Glacer Silver 32GB and it works perfect, easy to use. T-Mobile so far is quite fast with their data and its unlimited .

0 Likes
HTC ONE part 2
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

It will be a "upgraded" One, what that means or by how much I don't know. Just going to say this is the phone is why they pasted up the One before. Verizon and HTC have a agreement where HTC only makes one android flag ship phone per year for verizon. It's why the DNA happened and why Verizon didn't get the one around when every one else did like they got the S4.

Take this post with salt, just what a guy in a verizon store told me.

0 Likes
HTC ONE part 2
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That guy didn't know what he was talking about.  The One on Verizon will be exactly like the One on the other carriers.  Whether or not there is going to be another HTC on Verizon (most likely a Butterfly varient) I have not heard yet.

0 Likes
scarshapedstar2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, a Verizon logo is obviously an upgrade.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Why do people have so many issues with carrier logos?

0 Likes
RaindropQuaalude

I nursed along an original HTC Incredible for three years. Last year I wasn't terribly thrilled with Verizon' phones (didn't really care for the Galaxy SIII or the very Bleah line of Droid phones that didn't seem particularly better than the Incredible).  Decided to wait to see what awesome new device would come out. Saw the HTC One earlier this year and fell in love with it.  I was so excited when Verizon announced it was coming.  Waited and waited. Found out ATT has a similar coprorate discount.  Waited some more. Found out AT&T has recently done major upgrades in my area, to the point that rootmetrics now rates them about Verizon. Heard that the 64GB One was an AT&T exclusive and not coming to Verizon. Still no word.

As much as I don't like dealing with ATT the company I gave up and jumped ship last week. If Verizon would have just announced a date there's a good chance I would have stayed.  Instead I am thrilled with the LTE speeds I am getting on ATT and this phone is definitely the best phone I've ever owned. I have no idea why Verizon is acting so cagey but I just took my business elsewhere. I wonder how may others have done (or will do) the same?

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

I did some searching and it turns out the Google play offer that HTC was offering (25$ in google credit if you buy a htc one) has been extended to July 30. Keep in mind that verizon was one of the providers you could've chose from. It was extended from the 15th - 30th. I think they extended it since the verizon One won't be out until after the 15th and before the 30th.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06/17/verizon-htc-one-release-july-15th/

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

I can back up @4ktvs on the upgraded one and like he said take it with a grain of salt. When I went in to switch from an old phone back to my thunderbolt, while we were waiting I casually asked about the HTC one... I had him trapped. So he was like "yeah we're getting it, it just sucks that its a couple months late. They need/should have a upgraded One since its so late to the game" and he said the exactly same thing later on in our conversation as if he were subtly hinting the one would be "upgraded". He agreed when I said there is a lot of angry costumers and that he was upset about it too because his DNA's 16 gb wasn't enough at all. I mentioned something about color and he seemed stern on saying the black and silver would be what they're getting. So maybe the Verizon employee's would have a red version?? just a guess

Take this how you want but I want to believe the verizon one will have an sd card slot

--> https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/298432587603517440/photo/1

every single spec mimics the current HTC One except for 1 thing, sd card support.

It's been a long time coming guys so this will prob be my last post. I wish you all luck on whatever you decide on doing. If the verizon One doesn't have sd card support then I'll just wait for the new Motorola devices that are coming out.

0 Likes
scarshapedstar2
Enthusiast - Level 3

In Verizon's case, mostly because it's a reminder that we can't just buy unlocked phones like the rest of the world... in this case, because seriously, that's gonna be the 'upgrade', lol.

joemn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have nailed the issue perfectly.  Verizon controls the network AND tools to utilize it and to those components the increased revenue stems from bloat apps and you see why they keep the system locked down tighter than a drum.  They talk about the cost of subsided phones.  I don't want your phones Locked down crap loaded, and neutered.  Don't subside or help me.  Let me pay a fair value for the use of your network.  I'll provide my own devise,  if you want to make money on content then make it competitive.  Same with phones - competitive.  You don't like competition, so you lock the system.  The railroads, ma-bell, oil companies, unions.  All anti competitive and less relevant because of their monopoly.  One day Verizon, some of your competitors will match or exceed your network quality.  When that happens how many of the compelled customers will stick stick around for locked phones loaded with boat and disabled features the manufacturers and software developers included.  Not me.  Verizon's subsidies are like obamacare;  bad value, cost to much, and I don't want the product in the first place.