Re: HTC ONE part 2
Merlin13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have three lines, but two are part contract and ready for upgrade.  I keep waiting and waiting for the One.  At this point I'm torn between switching to AT&T for the One or getting the S4.  I'm sure I'm not the only person feeling this way, and if this were the first time Verizon was behind on new devices I might feel differently, but this is becoming common practice for them.  I'm giving them another few weeks to release some real details and then I'm going to either pull the trigger on the S4 or hit an AT&T store.

0 Likes
NATEUSMCSVT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea im getting pretty tiered of waiting. And looking at iOS7 im not that impressed.

0 Likes
Inane65

Merlin13 wrote:

I have three lines, but two are part contract and ready for upgrade.  I keep waiting and waiting for the One.  At this point I'm torn between switching to AT&T for the One or getting the S4.  I'm sure I'm not the only person feeling this way, and if this were the first time Verizon was behind on new devices I might feel differently, but this is becoming common practice for them.  I'm giving them another few weeks to release some real details and then I'm going to either pull the trigger on the S4 or hit an AT&T store.

LOL! You're going to wait for details for the one and then either go to AT&T or get the S4? Why wait?

Just kidding. It sounded funny.

0 Likes
Bob2314
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would encourage that if you are on the fence about the SG4 and or the One that you find a One and play music on on both.  If you like to play music on your phone (like I do in my office at work) that the One has some great speakers.   This may not be the only feature that should look at but it is one that is exceptional.  

I personally have nothing against the SG4 and think it would be a great phone too.  For me it's having something different that I like about the HTC One.  I wish the HTC One not to be the popular phone so that not everyone has it, sort of like how the IPhone and the SG4 are.   However, I don't like having something that the maker stops developing on like the DINC2.  So my hope is that the HTC gets updates regularly on AT&T.

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

greensled wrote:

summit21, I'm in the Springs as well. I used to have ATT until 2 years ago. I was having problems getting voice and text at Doherty (no bars whatsoever...even in the parking lot), and inside other buildings on the NE side of town. I went to Verizon to get the Thunderbolt, and was pleased with their coverage on the NE side of town, as well as on the interstate to Denver and down to Albuquerque. I really want the One, but have been hesitant to switch to ATT because of their coverage issues. Let me know what your experiences are with coverage in the Springs and surrounding areas?

greensled: So far I am very impressed with the improved coverage with ATT vs. 2 yrs. ago. At home I am getting 40MB down and I live in Monument outside of Co. Springs proper. One improvement is voice calls within my employers building on Nevada. I previously had issues with this, but not anymore. I did a speedtest at shops at Briargate and got 30MB down. I am not going to say that it is definitively better than Big red, but it is much improved over what it (ATT) was 2 years ago here around town. Data speeds are better here in town than Big Red.

0 Likes
NATEUSMCSVT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im getting sick of waiting now. i was hoping to here something by the 15th.

0 Likes
Soupy127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Might as well wait til the holiday season and get the DNA replacement.  By time they actually start delivering the ONE it will be so much closer to the next round of options.. 

So glad I switched carriers.  I have an equivalent to better network and the device I wanted.

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I think that even those who get tired of waiting for the Verizon version of the HTC One should not reward Verizon by getting the Verizon version of the S4 versus the ATT version of the One. We should consider going to ATT period (whether we choose the One or the S4). I love that 53mbps down and 18mbps up that I got with the S4 (owned by one of my students) on the ATT network.

0 Likes
Funderbird
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think tomorrow I'm going to make the switch off of Verizon. Just saw that Amazon is doing a 1 day sale to celebrate Fathers Day by offering both the black and silver HTC One's for $80 only while supplies last. Even if you're not a Father, I'm pretty sure you can still get this price. 🙂

http://phandroid.com/2013/06/13/htc-one-amazon-sale/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

This is getting ridiculous.

Article after article is calling Verizon's launch a joke.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06/13/verizon-htc-one-launch-hysterically-bad/

http://www.usdailyvoice.com/verizon-draws-criticism-for-confusing-htc-one-launch-worst-launch-ever-6...

Man I wish I had an email for the higher up Verizon people, or a phone number. I would absolutely love to chat with them about it.

Supposedly Android 4.2.2 is coming to the existing One by the end of this week. If I don't hear V's announcement by next week, I'm going to picket, contact every news venue I can find, and put a sign on my car.

0 Likes