Re: HTC ONE part 2
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

mk7se wrote:

This is from Gotta be Mobile's site.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/06/06/htc-one-verizon-release-details-coming-soon/

"HTC, inundated with requests for information, has shared a bit of  information in regards to details. According to the manufacturer, the  company will have “have more details to share soon.” It’s not clear what  it means by “soon” though this is a little bit better than the  completely ambiguous responses it was giving people earlier in the week."

So? They better have more details soon.

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

Got my HTC One today, WOW! Very nice phone. My new carrier went live here 2 days ago with 4G LTE, (Co. Springs, CO). It is blazing, 40MB down, and 16MB up! That is faster than my WIFI. So far very impressed. Voice will be a concern away from town as Big Red was superior in outlying areas when I left ATT 2 years ago. I will give it 8-10 days trial before I port my number.

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I wonder if part of the delay at Verizon is to provide the One the hardware for the AWS spectrum which will come into play this fall. So far only the S4 has this capability on the Verizon network. This will supposedly increase the LTE speeds. I was playing with an ATT phone whose LTE speeds blew away my rezound 53mbps down and 18mbps up compared to my 20mbps/2mbps.

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I hope they do something to speed up their LTE. 

My ONE on AT&T was downloading at faster speeds using HSPA 4G.

Now, they have started to build up towers in my area.  Suddenly, on Wednesday, I was receiving their LTE and it's screaming fast!

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
greensled
Enthusiast - Level 2

summit21, I'm in the Springs as well. I used to have ATT until 2 years ago. I was having problems getting voice and text at Doherty (no bars whatsoever...even in the parking lot), and inside other buildings on the NE side of town. I went to Verizon to get the Thunderbolt, and was pleased with their coverage on the NE side of town, as well as on the interstate to Denver and down to Albuquerque. I really want the One, but have been hesitant to switch to ATT because of their coverage issues. Let me know what your experiences are with coverage in the Springs and surrounding areas?

Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

Nneptune can you get any details on the availability from one of your friends at vzw corporate?

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I've tried.

One told me September, but they don't really know.

Now they just tell me "before the year is over".

Come on Verizon! Get it together already!

0 Likes
Bob2314
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got the black HTC One from Costco Wireless.  Was tired of Verizon's inability to even to have a straight answer. 

So far the phone is a great phone over my DINC2.  However, that is to be expected.   The boom sound is just Awesome.  The biggest issue is that HTC never added a song to their demos at the stores and you cannot get a full understanding of great the phone is.  One of the biggest selling points for me was the sound (and everything else inside).  I tested the sound this weekend and when you are in a bar where there is lots of noisy you will hear your phone.  This is great when you are showing a video or music or anything with sound to your friends.  Matter of fact the whole table will hear your phone.  Also, it's not tinny and distorted.  Has great bass for little speakers and you can feel the bass to when you are holding the phone.  HTC got these speakers right.

Couple annoying things are the button placement.  But that is not a show stopper.

Camera is far better than my old one so I have no complaints.

Playing GTA on full details is SMOOOOTH!

Bloatware is a pain but I found out you can disable it if you don't want to root the phone (I rooted my last DINC2 but that was because I wanted to tether but from what I have been reading tethering is a big no no on AT&T and I am not about to buy a tethering plan too).  Rooting is a pain, custom roms are ok but other than that I am not sure if it makes a big difference and 4.2.2 will be out soon with AT&T (possibly before Verizon has the HTC One).

BlinkFeed is not all that exciting.

Zoes are cool.

Biggest issue I have for anything is that your privacy is no longer closed until you turn it on.   Every app seems to be wanting your location and all of your friends info and then trying to tie that all together within the apps.   The new gallery has all kinds of facebook pictures, your pictures, your friends pictures...  AHHHH..   I want my personal life personal.

Build - This is a very very very very nice phone.  Love the feel.

Now I need to is port my old number and we will be all off Verizon on At&t.

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

I don't blame you.  I did the same thing...just out of principle.  I've had not ATT issues since they fixed the degrading towers in my town and replaced them with 4gLTE.  My entire area will be set up by June 22!

I still have 2 phones on Verizon, but I wanted this phone, so I ported my number.

Enough of the games!

0 Likes