Re: HTC ONE part 2
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Right..yeah..

I know.  It's not possible.

If the One comes out, I would have to upgrade anyway and lose it.

Nothing I can do.

0 Likes
Soupy127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Based on all the speculation and input here, I'm believing the ONE will appear (an FCC report might nail it).  But I agree with jlbora23, that it will be a later release.  I feel bad for HTC, as they will be losing out on comparison sales (S4 vs. ONE).  Although we don't know "when" the ONE was green lighted, it would appear it was after the planned announcement for May 22.  The S4, Q10, and 928 all have been released or appeared on the website without any fanfare.  I don't believe the ONE would be handled differently, but I do believe if it was a DROID announcement, it might be.

Now getting a ONE with the new software updates and 4.2 might be a benefit and worth the additional wait (as long as my phone survives), if that rumor is true ... as it would take months to see an update on Verizon.  An announcement of this kind would bolster my opinion of Verizon, but would be out of character from what I have seen.

0 Likes
ohredwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well nneptune, glad to see you coming back. Really, it's the only logical thing to do, as I have mentioned before, and I know some others have, it's great to have new technology but in the end it really comes down to the network reliability and the overall experience. Which is the major reason I have yet to jump ship, I now know of 3 people (you being # 3) that have exactly what you described, new technology and poor reception. The other guys are in big metropolitan areas, houston, and phoenix. Had they been in some podunk, backwoods, I might of reconsidered but big areas like that, with crappy reception that they have to stand by a window in their house or go outside to talk. No way, I'd deal with that, new phone or not.

nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Looks like it's nearly official!!!   

http://nvonews.com/2013/05/19/verizon-htc-one-coming-release-date-now-very-close/

Verizon HTC One coming: release date now very close

Filed under: opinion |

It is the most stunning handset available in the market. And the good thing now is the fact that Verizon HTC One release date is very close

Though HTC One is available in most of the markets right now, the subscribers on the largest US telecom network Verizon are still awaiting the arrival of this handset on their network. For many people this is very disappointing. A number of people who would have gone for this very beautiful and equally powerful handset long time ago, the late arrival has meant that many disgruntled and disturbed HTC One fans have gone for the second best choice, Samsung’s Galaxy S4.

HTC One’s delayed arrival has done most harm to the Taiwanese company as people got agitated and started going for other handsets. But the good thing is the fact that the company is now working hard to double the manufacture of this handset. The other thing is the fact and company knows it well that people who like HTC One due to its beautiful body and exceedingly good built quality are not going to be enticed by other handsets available in the market. But the very long delay forced at least some to go for the other handset.

So far the most prominent issue facing HTC was the lack of enough units of the One and certainly the firm is working its best to meet the escalating demand. Now, putting all legal and component shortage issues behind, HTC is all set to ramp up the production of its 2013 Android flagship. The firm is ready to double up production of the One this month in hope that the device would get “high-end sales” soon after its official release. Recently, HTC has been getting good response for its products. For example, the Butterfly, the first 1080p phone from HTC, has witnessed to an increase of 50 percent sales in Japan after putting some nice on-contract prices. The One will also be getting some cool offers and deals from HTC.

In the meantime the company has taken several initiatives to make its fans happy. The Sprint variant of HTC One has received a slight software update. The new update, which makes the version number to 1.29.651.10, improves the Back and Home key sensitivity. The handset has a minor problem with its capacitive keys below the display as they don’t often respond properly because the touch targets are evidently not large enough. The update has enhanced the touch key sensitivity, by enlarging the size of the target, thus making them further easier to activate. The update also brings some cool updates to BlinkFeed and adds a new Sprint Zone client to the One.

In United States, the Taiwanese giant’s flagship handset is up for grabs on three major carriers in the U.S. They are AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. As of now, there is a gossip that the handset would also come to Verizon, the country’s largest cellular service provider at some point in the near future. It is said that the same hardware and specs will come inside the Verizon HTC One also. The launch on Verizon will give it great impetus in the days to come.

B33
Legend

nneptune did you return the at&t one back to the Store..

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

no.  i did the htc $100 Visa card promotion.

Now that I returned it, I hope they give me the card.

If I just would have held on to my Rezound, I wouldn't be jumping through hoops right now to get the ONE! 

I could kick myself over that, but at first it all seemed like it would be fine with AT&T, so I didn't think twice about it..

Now, I have a deal with the manager. I got an iPhone (talk about going backward in technology..it's not even close to what Android can do) which in 2 weeks I'll trade for an S4.  Then, I'll trade the S4 for the ONE.  Pain in the...neck... to say the least.

But, eventually I'll have the phone and this saga will be over.  I'll keep telling myself that it's a fun adventure...instead of what it really is (as I wrote..a big pain in the ...).

I'm lucky to be friends with the manager, so it'll all work out..  and I'll at least get to see how these other phones work.

..and though it will probably be more than 4 weeks before it's released, I'll just say we have a plan.  I don't want to get the guy in trouble.. but it helps to know people in managerial positions, who are close friends with a pretty major Verizon boss.  I'll shut up now about this...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Understand.!  Well back to the Storm Watching.. Lotta Mean Storms in the Area..

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

Yep..off topic, but some of the really bad storms are less than an hour from me.  They'll be hitting here soon. Love the storm watching.

But, temporarily having the iPhone (luckily for only 2 weeks), I don't understand what people see in it.

I mean, the technology on those things seem really outdated.

It's not horrible, but it's nothing I would ever want to own for any extended period of time.

..especially after just coming off of the ONE, it really seems like backward technology...  blah blah..

Jeff1980vw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had been anxiously waiting for this phone to be released on Verizon. Since it's release on the other three, I have checked it out in-store at Best Buy and a Sprint location, comparing it to the S4.

HTC got this one right!

It screams 'gorgeous,' for lack of a better term! The brushed-aluminum body, the weight of the phone shows off a quality and beautiful build. The dual-front facing speakers are a plus with Beats Audio, HTC Sense stripped down to a graphically-simple, yet speedy-on-the-swipes and opening applications is tremendous (think Google Chrome vs an old Internet Explorer)! It feels solid compared to the S4, which could be a real contender, but the light, plastic-cheap feel of the S4 is a turn-off to begin with. Samsung's UI TouchWiz seems to be like that of a heavily burdened and out-of-date internet browser. Screen-swipes, transitions, opening apps to begin with seem laggy and slow, especially after you go and get hands-on with the HTC One. I pray this phone is released on Verizon!

Also forgot to mention. Upgraded yesterday to the iPhone5. Returned that restrictive, overpriced, overrated, piece-of-trash earlier today. Come HTC One...come!

HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

Seeing as I would be normally against rumors like these, since their is no information at all the guarantees the HTC One being on Verizon. I would love to see this phone be officially announced sometime!

0 Likes