HELP! Two new HTC Thunderbolts & one screen has a purple tint!
Wolverina

So I just bought two HTC Thunderbolts, got them all set up and then realized that one has a purple tint!  I compared all the settings to the other phone and everything matched.

The color was like this before any 3rd party applications were downloaded & the phone is not rooted or altered in any way.

I've googled to try to find any calibration apps or if anyone else has this problem and have come out unsuccessful.  I know I can always perform a hard reset but wanted to see if there is any other alternate way to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Likes
Re: HELP! Two new HTC Thunderbolts & one screen has a purple tint!
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I would take a picture so u have proof of it with another phone. Then tell tech support.
0 Likes
easymon

mine did not have it eather till i was going to return phone so i did a factory reset to detete my info before returning it to store and wala to my surprize i had a new color . worth a try.

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for your replies. OP: Did you try the Master Reset? If so, did this fix your issue? 

We look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Wolverina

Thanks for all the feed back!  Certainly is a strange issue for a brand new, out of the box phone.  I did in fact perform the master reset, went through the setup process, personalized the phone & long behold, the same issue. 

Again, I compared the settings to the other Thunderbolt; Identical.  Tried different wallpapers, skins, themes and nothing has changed.

Went through and checked for SW update, there was a firmware update that I did start.  After it was completed, same issue.

I'm at a loss for what may be causing this.  I mean, it is bothersome that EVERYTHING on the screen has a purple tint... 

I'm not 100% sure that this is a "warranty" issue?  Maybe it's something AraceliT_VZW can answer for me? 

Thanks for all the help!

0 Likes