earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

This way they can sell more data.....

They ain't gunna fix it.....

0 Likes
Re: Group text messages - won't download/take a long time to download
Tidbits
Legend

You do known group messages are included in your text buckets right?

0 Likes
TJgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

My hubby (HTC) and I have both been having problems receiving and downloading mms texts the past couple of days. I tried turning off my WiFi but it didn't work.

earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't know 4 sure, but at one time a few weeks back when i was talking to a Verizon rep, she said to me that if sending group messages with a picture u need to have ur data on or it wont go. Also receiving pictures i have to have my data on.

I myself have to have data on to send a message with a picture to one person. So right now if sending any file with a message i just use wi-fi, and send by email. There's enought wi-fi hot spots around to do that easily, and if not i can turn data on if i can't wait a bit for some reason. I do know that when i had PagePlus non of this was ever an issue.....But i couldn't find a decent price on a good fone for Pageplus at that time so went to walmart n got a 29 buck smartfone n a verizon card n here i am. Now i wished i just bought what i could for Pageplus. Live n learn......

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes you need data on but it does not use your data bucket and is part of the text buckets. All MMS are text and will not use data. If it did use your data would be better for them to not have a 1MB cap and let people send their full resolution photos (my phone for example max size is 14MB).

earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny that when i am sending things MMS using my data is does take away from my allowed 1 gig data.

I keep close track of that data....

Maybe i'll search some more for that PagePlus cell n get back to using them instead of Verizon....

Same cost n same service anyway.....

But MMS doesn't eat up the data with them......funny isn't it....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It does not take away from your bucket. There's already thousands of threads about it. MMS does not use data allotments and hasn't done so since the inception of MMS.

If MMS did count I would go over my limit every month as I average 500MMS per month on slow months. Inot busy months that would be upwards to 1-1.5K messages. I make sure it doesn't compress down to less than 900kb.

There is something else taking your data. You'd be surprised as to how much stuff doesn't show up on the usage meters on your phone. For example until the recent update I rarely seen Facebook on that meter and it is never consistent. I ended up disabling it and using the browser my usage went down after than simply because of that.

0 Likes
earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got me? I dont do facebook or any social media. I check running apps quite a bit n never see anything there running that shouldn't be. I'm not real droid savy, so not real sure what does what, but i do check my data, and try to keep track of what i do use so not to go over that 1 gig. I usually never go anymore than half if it anyway.

And actually i am quite happy with Verizon n the cheepo Optimus zone 2 fone i have right now.

I'll probly stay with the big V till more issues come up.

But i'll keep watch here to see what people continue to say, so i'll be more informed....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want only the best for you and will ensure you are able to share all those precious memories. We can further troubleshoot the network connection with our Prepaid Suport Team at 888-294-6804.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TJgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

We don't have prepaid phones but are on a contract with Verizon. Is there a different number to call?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes