Got the Gingerbread update
tazz6886

Mecha_Verizon_Wwe_2.11.605.3-1.70.60.5

146.209 mb

update time 15 minutes

I had checked for update at 11:05pm Central time and it was there.

Good luck all

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Got the Gingerbread update
tazz6886

Should have added the following

android version   2.3.4

htc sense version  2.1

0 Likes
havy24
How
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
I am sure this will be fun to watch... So many wanted this update, lets see how long it takes for the complaints come in.... :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
tazz6886

settings

software update

check new

0 Likes
havy24
Gotcha thanks
0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Mine just finished installing. There are always going to be complainers because there is no such thing as the perfect phone. Some always want the next latest and greatest thinking it will be better, faster, or do more than the one they have. They will never be satisfied because they will never find the perfection they seek.

I guess I've been pretty lucky since I've downloaded the previous two OTA's with no major problems afterward. That may be because I seldom use all of the features this phone has, but it has always done what I need it to.

For some reason, either all of my music seems to have disappeared from my SD card, or the phone just isn't seeing it. I had it backed up, but I'll have to play with it later, I'm too tired right now.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
My update just finished. Checked if VM notification worked by calling from wifes iPhone and leaving myself a VM. Well my device showed I had missed a call but not that I had a VM waiting. It was there but no notification. Hope they did a better job with the dropping data problem I was having.
0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

After a couple of hours sleep for both me and the TBolt, my SD card has reappeared. Before it only showed Phone memory, but now is showing both Phone and the SD Card with my music . Everything does seem to be opening a little faster including the internet, but since it was fairly fast before, that could be my imagination. The main difference I've noticed is that I've always left both WiFi and 4G on and 4G use to over ride the WiFi, but now, my home WiFi is over riding the 4G. I also notice that when I open all of my apps, it now scrolls one page at a time instead of all of them flying by with one finger flick. So far, just minor changes, but I'll probably notice more as I have time to use the phone more. I work tonight, so I'll get a chance to see if the 4G connection is more reliable while I'm tethered to my laptop.

0 Likes
tattooedchick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can anyone help me?  When I got up at 5:30am this morning, the update was available on my thunderbolt.  I did not hit the accept, reject or defer button,  I just let the OTA screen on and put the phone down.  I do not get good cell phone coverage here.  I put the phone down and was going to do the update in town.  When I get to town, the phone says no update is available.  I pull the battery out of the phone and restart it and still no update available.  The phone still says its running 2.2.1.   How do I get the update now? 

0 Likes