Gingerbread and data connection issues
tattooedchick
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like they are using gingerbread to mask the data connection problem on the Thunderbolt.  I downloaded the new update for the thunderbolt today.  As I am typing this, my phone says it has a 3g signal, but the weather widget says no data available and web pages will not come up.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gingerbread and data connection issues
Wildman
Legend

That sounds like the data connection went dormant, try toggling Airplane Mode or reboot should resolve...   I haven't seen this as a issue but all devices seem to act different to updates, possible because installed apps..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That sounds like the data connection went dormant, try toggling Airplane Mode or reboot should resolve...   I haven't seen this as a issue but all devices seem to act different to updates, possible because installed apps..

0 Likes
tattooedchick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you,  Toggling the airplane mode brought the data back.  This isn't the first time Ive'd had issues with the phone since the update.  Earlier in the data my phone got stuck on 1x and stayed that way for over an hour till I restarted it. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Please feel free to drop a Kudo or mark post solved to mark a working solition..

0 Likes
tattooedchick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, this morning, the same thing happened again.  So apparently there is no fix for it.  I was sitting in a good 3g spot, had 3g on the phone and data would not work.  It intermittently goes off and on.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

They have been having 3g data connection issues and was reported to be working on the issue, sounds like you may be still dealing with this issue, they got mine back up finally and I have been good since, hope they get you solved  also..

0 Likes