Gingerbread Update?
Aznanny52
Enthusiast - Level 1

When is the 2.3 update going to be available to the HTC Thunderbolt?  I heard 2nd quarter; now 3rd.  Is it ever coming?

I also heard that with the upgrade, the Thunderbolt will finally have the capability of doing Skype Video Chat.  True??

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread Update?
Ambushbug
A leaked version of 2.3 came out today, all you have to do is install it. It will wipe all of your data though, make sure to back everything up first.

As far as Skype, it works with the TB but the FFC only works on phones with 2.3.
0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread Update?
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

As Ambushbug stated, there was a "leaked" version that was put out on the internet.  However, it is not an "official" release copy, but it is supposedly pretty close to what they think will be the final "official" release.

That being said, the "official" release is probably on the horizon.  No specific dates yet, but my understanding is that this leak was a much better leak than the last one.

Many have speculated that a GB release for the TB would be around Sept-Oct time frame, so they may be right about this one.  Again this is just speculation on my part.

If you are savvy enough to give it a go, you can install the leak, but if you are not and have no idea how to even start such a process, I would say it would be best to wait until there is an OTA.

Just my 2 cents.

0 Likes