Re: Gingerbread OS for HTC Thunderbolt available date?
teammom72

Hi - I don't get out here too often but I check from time to time to see the status of the GB update. What is the ICS that is being referred to in the previous posts? Is this coming out instead of GB?

Thanks!

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

ICS is the new Operating System that Google has announced, ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich which is version 4.0, it combines Mobile operating systems and tablet operating systems, so you have the likes of Gingerbread and Honeycomb all in once, to have a uniform look on Tablets and Mobile phones. The first mobile phone launching with Ice Cream Sandwich is the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which should be a Verizon timed exclusive. Once this is released, the source code for ICS will be released and other phones will start getting ICS. Google has stated that all phones with 2.3 Gingerbread should in theory be able to get ICS. The Thunderbolt should get ICS then since Gingerbread can run on it, and it will be available again soon OTA, plus it is a popular phone on Verizon, so you should get it, however, HTC seems a little sketchy at this point on giving their phones ICS. Time will tell though.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

GB update shouldn't be too far out now.  Guess it'll soon be time for all the "where's my ICS" threads. :smileyvery-happy:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/20/exclusive-gingerbread-build-2-11-605-5-for-the-htc-thunderbo...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

PJNC284 wrote:

GB update shouldn't be too far out now.  Guess it'll soon be time for all the "where's my ICS" threads. :smileyvery-happy:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/20/exclusive-gingerbread-build-2-11-605-5-for-the-htc-thunderbo...

Goody! I am getting tired of running my phone fairly bare bones without all my apps since I decided to limit the number I installed after the factory reset I performed the weekend when the original update was pulled. Plus I had the pleasure of updating someone else's phone (not a Tbolt) to Gingerbread in the meantime. :smileysad:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rico_ANDROID

Ann154 wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

Goody! I am getting tired of running my phone fairly bare bones without all my apps since I decided to limit the number I installed after the factory reset I performed the weekend when the original update was pulled. Plus I had the pleasure of updating someone else's phone (not a Tbolt) to Gingerbread in the meantime. :smileysad:

anndroid154 tell the gang at radars its been real. i have had ALL I CAN TAKE of those stupid arse mods on that Oher place.  i questioned a couple of things they yanked of mine earler and tell me i cant questoin it. yeah right.  i dont need it.  just posting here so you will know i moved on.   i like my cellular sevice but dont need the stupid censorship they thnk they are so well at doing. anyway you take care.  ill e on some boards bashing the barny fifes of that site. 

0 Likes