Re: Gingerbread OS for HTC Thunderbolt available date?
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

DroidM wrote:

From what i have been hearing from Friends that have goten the Bionic, and people reporting on other boards as well as hear the battery life on it is prity good. It's still a Hog which shoudl be expected of any 4G phone but Im hearing vary positive things on the battery life in genral. A big selling point for me thou is that the exteded battery for the phone is not a hinderance for excesarys unlike with the T-bolt and others. THIS is a big deal for me as i prefer to use the Car Dock and Desk Dock as well, and can not use an extended battery with them (Unless I want to be constanly swaping it out wich I do not) There are after market options with the T-bolt wich I have actualy used but have the 2700Mha Battery woudl make a world of difrence HTC shoudl pay atention hear for ther next 4G phone.

Sory a bit off topic. So the question is did GB on the Bionic make the battery better or was it in the desing If you ask me it's the design GB has it's benifits for battery life but it's not going to be that much of an improvement. We will get it when it's ready, untill then Id rather wait and not get the bugs.

i believe it's a combination of things. first, the bionic comes with a 1735 battery. that's about 30% more juice than the stock tbolt battery, so it should be better. second, htc Sense is the best UI in my opinion, because of all of it's features.....but it also is likely the biggest battery hog (out of touchwiz and motoblur). and finally, yes, i believe GB does manage the power better (at least, it seems to on my tbolt).

puting a 1300mah battery in our tbolts was the mistake. you can fit 1600-1700 without bulking up the device and that is what htc should have done. i get through the day on one charge, but i wonder how many people that have to charge it a second time, could have gotten through a full day if they just had 20-25% more juice? a 1600-1700mah battery would have accomplished that. 

and i have also seen many reviews with great things to say about the bionic's battery life.

Funny you shoudl mention a 1700mah battery. I picked 2 up from amazon after i got my T-Bolt and althou the life is better then it was the T-bolt still dose consume alot of battery life in a short time. ther are tips and trick to extending your battery life most of us know them, but the T-bolt just seesm to be one of the bigest Hogs out there. Aside from the Battery I LOVE the phone thou.

Strangly enuf sense the Bionic came out on Thursday my Battery Life has been tremedusly improved. Normaly i can get threw a work day and have about 30% or less battery life, and on many days Im on the brink of shut down. Sense Thursday thou Im leaving work with I kid you not 80% of my battery life. I haven't doen a thing in the settings or with the phone and I dont' charge the phone any more often then I already was. I think my T-bolt  knows Im eyeing the Bionic:smileyhappy: LOL

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sent HTC a tweet earlier today regarding hurrying up on getting us Gingerbread and the response I got kinda scares me.

easton091 Hold tight! It should be arriving this month, Greg. Thank you for asking.

The word "should" makes me think they will push it back again.  Thought I would share.

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3
Welk guess i was good luck. Looks to be coming sooner than later...

http://www.vzbuzz.com/2011/09/4010/
0 Likes
tattooedchick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Thunderbolt too.  I am reading that HTC is coming out with a new phone for Verizon that replaces the Thunderbolt next month.  Right now its being called the HTC Vigor.  It will have gingerbread on it and the specs on it look better than the specs on the Droid Bionic.  I'm holding out to look at it next month.  The only issue I have with my Thunderbolt is the data connection randomly dropping out but, I am reading that some Bionic owners are having the same issue.

0 Likes
HTCThunderbolt

I spoke with HTC Technical Support and they advise it should be a matter of days.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
It was out there was a problem and now its fixed so its out again.
0 Likes
to8869

I still have "No new software available"

0 Likes
MDagg77

I'm not even GETTING a response when I check for new updates

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

tattooedchick wrote:

I have a Thunderbolt too.  I am reading that HTC is coming out with a new phone for Verizon that replaces the Thunderbolt next month.  Right now its being called the HTC Vigor.  It will have gingerbread on it and the specs on it look better than the specs on the Droid Bionic.  I'm holding out to look at it next month.  The only issue I have with my Thunderbolt is the data connection randomly dropping out but, I am reading that some Bionic owners are having the same issue.

No disrespect but why do people keep saying it replacing a device when a new one is released, it just means they releasing a new device...  Replacing mean that everyone with the Thunderbolt will get the new device... 

I dont get where people get this ideal that its replacing the device, I am sure the Thunderbolt will still be sold until its end of life and then be discontinued like all other phones..

0 Likes
Abejero
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spent over an hour yesterday with Verizon and again today with a supervisor.  Not to worry fellow TB owners. I have it on high authority that a fix "is coming soon".  LOL  They also told me that there is a Santa Clause and an Easter Bunny and the earth is flat and.....  I was also told by the "supervisor" that she was sorry I was having all of these problems (I am one of the unlucky ones who got 2.3.4).  Also that one of the phones on my account is up for an upgrade and that, although I just spent over $300 for this phone, I could use that "reduced upgrade" and buy a different phone for ONLY another $300.

The thing that really bothered me yesterday talking to three different people was the constant reminder that they were unaware of any serious problems with the TB.  Even the supervisor blew it off.

Every person who owns one of thses pieces of #$%%^&&* needs to call and call often and complain.  Evidently, if I take them at their word, they don't know there is a problem. We need to remind them OFTEN.

0 Likes