Re: Gingerbread OS for HTC Thunderbolt available date?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Me too. Is it October yet? Just kidding. LOL!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jethroebodeen

Wildman wrote:

So many keep comparing when one device will get a OS update on when another device recieves it.  At this point no Verizon 4G devices has GB and I will guess that once they start releasing supported 4G devices all other devices will start seeing the update as well..

Since leaked signed GB RUU files has came out and have been woeking that the update isnt far off but the thing is that no one knows for sure when.

If I'm not mistaken, the Droid Bionic is 4G and has Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS with Motorola Application Platform installed from the factory.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You are right. The DROID Bionic comes with Gingerbread out of the box.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

jethroebodeen wrote:

Wildman wrote:

So many keep comparing when one device will get a OS update on when another device recieves it.  At this point no Verizon 4G devices has GB and I will guess that once they start releasing supported 4G devices all other devices will start seeing the update as well..

Since leaked signed GB RUU files has came out and have been woeking that the update isnt far off but the thing is that no one knows for sure when.

If I'm not mistaken, the Droid Bionic is 4G and has Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS with Motorola Application Platform installed from the factory.

I understand that the Bionic is a 4g device released with 2.3 stock but also the device was released yesterday 09-08-11 and my post was made on 9-6-11 (Bionic wasnt released), so I am confused the purpose for this statement...  Plus once again they are two diffrent device and because one has it doesnt mean all other devices have to have it, thet will release it when they think its read and its that simple..

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also up untill yesterday none of the 4G phones had GB, and the Bionic was delayed for over 9 months. If we think it was simply so Moto coudl go back to the drawing board design wise we are missing the fact that most of there lineup (Droid 2, Global, X, X2 ect ect) had ther updates pulled back because of major bugs. The fact that Moto and VZW have updated a slew of phones to GB in the past week and a half and the HTC Incredibale just got it as well. The fact is it woudl; seem that they have worked out the bugs for GB and 4G and GB and we will likly get our update vary soon. Also I woudl not be suprised if the Charge and LG phoen get it befor us. HTC seems a bit gun shy about updates sense MR2 and for good reason. i say wait and let them get it right ther not going to forget about us. If you can't wait then go get the Bionic, or DL the Official GB Leek thats out there now. As much as we woudl like to have this update do we realy want another reboot mess or worse??

0 Likes
deeplybeing

Yea i am thinking about trading in my TB for one. Sad I should have waited. only 5 months ago.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Ill stay with my TB... I am happy with mine and none of the new devicrs do voice and data over 3g like the TB do.. Since I don't have 4g yet this is a important factor.

Plus I don't see a dual core processor with a 4g network not mean power lost..:-D
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I think were looking at end of the month. But as someone said before we have been waiting forever.
0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what i have been hearing from Friends that have goten the Bionic, and people reporting on other boards as well as hear the battery life on it is prity good. It's still a Hog which shoudl be expected of any 4G phone but Im hearing vary positive things on the battery life in genral. A big selling point for me thou is that the exteded battery for the phone is not a hinderance for excesarys unlike with the T-bolt and others. THIS is a big deal for me as i prefer to use the Car Dock and Desk Dock as well, and can not use an extended battery with them (Unless I want to be constanly swaping it out wich I do not) There are after market options with the T-bolt wich I have actualy used but have the 2700Mha Battery woudl make a world of difrence HTC shoudl pay atention hear for ther next 4G phone.

Sory a bit off topic. So the question is did GB on the Bionic make the battery better or was it in the desing If you ask me it's the design GB has it's benifits for battery life but it's not going to be that much of an improvement. We will get it when it's ready, untill then Id rather wait and not get the bugs.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

DroidM wrote:

From what i have been hearing from Friends that have goten the Bionic, and people reporting on other boards as well as hear the battery life on it is prity good. It's still a Hog which shoudl be expected of any 4G phone but Im hearing vary positive things on the battery life in genral. A big selling point for me thou is that the exteded battery for the phone is not a hinderance for excesarys unlike with the T-bolt and others. THIS is a big deal for me as i prefer to use the Car Dock and Desk Dock as well, and can not use an extended battery with them (Unless I want to be constanly swaping it out wich I do not) There are after market options with the T-bolt wich I have actualy used but have the 2700Mha Battery woudl make a world of difrence HTC shoudl pay atention hear for ther next 4G phone.

Sory a bit off topic. So the question is did GB on the Bionic make the battery better or was it in the desing If you ask me it's the design GB has it's benifits for battery life but it's not going to be that much of an improvement. We will get it when it's ready, untill then Id rather wait and not get the bugs.

i believe it's a combination of things. first, the bionic comes with a 1735 battery. that's about 30% more juice than the stock tbolt battery, so it should be better. second, htc Sense is the best UI in my opinion, because of all of it's features.....but it also is likely the biggest battery hog (out of touchwiz and motoblur). and finally, yes, i believe GB does manage the power better (at least, it seems to on my tbolt).

puting a 1300mah battery in our tbolts was the mistake. you can fit 1600-1700 without bulking up the device and that is what htc should have done. i get through the day on one charge, but i wonder how many people that have to charge it a second time, could have gotten through a full day if they just had 20-25% more juice? a 1600-1700mah battery would have accomplished that. 

and i have also seen many reviews with great things to say about the bionic's battery life.

0 Likes