Re: GPS worse after update
Wildman
Legend

TBoltOwner wrote:

Understood, but someone shouldn't have to go through this hassle just to get an update to work correctly.

This would be nice to believe, but in the programming world this isnt always correct.....   Think about all OS out there (Desktop and Mobile), mostly all of them requires a reboot to access files that the system is using and cant be accessed and under some situation, like Windows SP1 and SP2 some application stops working and requires a reload of the apps and this is because of it was blocking the update from completing..

This isnt much of a diffrent situation when a OS is updated to fix a bug, this usually means the programming code is flawed and required it to be replace and when this happend issues are bound to happen.

Hard resetting usually resolves and minimize these issues..

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Wildman,

I have been a level 3 service engineer (level 4 is R&D) for the last 10 years and have never had to do, or suggest the field engineer do a "hard reset" after install of a firmware or software update to the 13 functional units (essentially 12 computers controlled by the 13th) . Soft reset, OK, but never where the end user is forced to reconfigure and reload unique software as if starting from day one. If Microsoft or Apple had their customers hard resetting after install of update in the percentage Verizon support promotes computing would not be as accepted as it is.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Rob - thanks for putting my thoughts into better words - as I type this, my TBolt just finished rebooting itself - how disappointing.

0 Likes
philhyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I don't expect to have to go to such extreme measures either.  But I just want my device to work, and I'm tech savvy enough to do it.

0 Likes