Re: GPS issues
philhyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

The GPS lock problem seems to have come back.  So in my experience, the hard reset fixed it temporarily

0 Likes
philhyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else having problems?  It took me about 15 minutes of futzing around to get it to work  this morning.  Reboot, clear GPS state, turn all services off then on.  Finally locked.

0 Likes
JMDL
Enthusiast - Level 3

you know, it is very spotty for me sometimes too but my Droid X was the same way. If I am on WIFI it locks right away but when on the network it takes a little longer to lock. Sometimes it is as quick as 5 seconds and sometimes it takes a good 2 minutes. If I am driving it seems to lock much faster than if I am standing in one position. And I think it also has some to do with whether you are getting a strong signal or not.

0 Likes
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

same issue here, even when I have strong signal, strangely never had any data/gps  issues with the X.

0 Likes
robindyhp
Was getting the wrong location, switched to wi-fi and that fixed it. So far.
0 Likes
robindyhp
It keeps giving me the wrong location when on the 3g network. I switch back to wi-fi and it corrects it.
0 Likes
Not applicable

It sounds like you have fixed your issue.  The GPS signal is actually contingent on the GPS satellites.  This is why you can have great indoor coverage on the cellular network, but you can still not pull a GPS signal.  It sounds like your settings are correct in the phone if everything is working now. 

I hope this information is helpful.

0 Likes