GB..So what's different?
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

My menu options are different. 

Oh and my weather app shows I'm in Rock Hill. Well I live in NC. and when I go and try to delete it, Rock Hill isn't there, and even rearranging them, Rock Hill isn't an option.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GB..So what's different?
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@Kyla1234,

I definitely know how you feel because I had this happen to my Thunderbolt as well. You mentioned the weather app is showing your location as Rock Hill, SC. and your located in NC. How close are you to Rock Hill? You may just need to reset the Location settings on your phone.

What I found helpful was going into the Location settings on the device and un-checking all the Location Settings for a few seconds.

1. On the main screen press Menu.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Location.

4. Under Location On Settings un-check all of them.

Once you have re-checked all the settings perform a soft reset by removing the battery for a few seconds. This should reset the settings on the weather app. If you still see Rock Hill as your location after my suggestion please let me know and I will be more than happy to further troubleshoot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
Mine just shows my current location. So far my phone is working great a couple of new things during the day weather plays a sound with the animation. Vm notifications are working. Don't have a complaint but I'm sure there will be some. Have been having some network issues, but I think Verizon just under estimated update bog down.
0 Likes
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've not seen a new homescreen experience... Checked software info and it definately updated. But nothing impressive.... back to go launche EX for me...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I have noticed when I wake up my phone there is sound with the weather icon. For example you hear the wipers squeaking as they wipe your screen.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I found that you can turn off the weather animation sounds in the HTC Weather app. If that is preferred, that is.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

Here is a mix of Gingerbread and Sense changes I've noticed with the Gingerbread update

Notification pull down now has Quick Settings

App menu scrolls in blocks

Frequent/Downloaded/Verzion App categories

About phone > Battery > Battery Use is more detailed (click on the top portion)

Managed Applications section loads WAY faster and has memory usage at the bottom

Download 'app' to get downloaded files without having to go through the browser.

Official Info Here:  http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3.html

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@Kyla1234,

I definitely know how you feel because I had this happen to my Thunderbolt as well. You mentioned the weather app is showing your location as Rock Hill, SC. and your located in NC. How close are you to Rock Hill? You may just need to reset the Location settings on your phone.

What I found helpful was going into the Location settings on the device and un-checking all the Location Settings for a few seconds.

1. On the main screen press Menu.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Location.

4. Under Location On Settings un-check all of them.

Once you have re-checked all the settings perform a soft reset by removing the battery for a few seconds. This should reset the settings on the weather app. If you still see Rock Hill as your location after my suggestion please let me know and I will be more than happy to further troubleshoot.

0 Likes
bigdog13666

Okay so now I want my wiper blade back when it rains and I can't figure it out.  I have had all three Droid Incredibles.  The first two were much easier to figure out and now I'm in the 4S LTE.  I wish they could figure out a way to keep what I put on my previous phones since it takes me forever to figure out....technologically a bit challenged.

I want my weather and wiper back, please.    So where do I go to turn on the animation ???

0 Likes