Front Camera working in GB??
SooperJeenyus

Has anyone with the the Gingerbread upgrade tried the front camera? Does it work with the GB upgrade?:smileytongue:

Spoiler

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Front Camera working in GB??
XenoGod2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are talking abour the front facing camera working in general on gingerbread then just like in Froyo it does work.

As far as different applications using the front facing camera...

• The Front facing camera works in Skype. I have used it a lot recently to talk to friends, family.
  • Does not seem to work in Google Talk yet... Only the rear facing camera does.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Nope

0 Likes
XenoGod2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are talking abour the front facing camera working in general on gingerbread then just like in Froyo it does work.

As far as different applications using the front facing camera...

• The Front facing camera works in Skype. I have used it a lot recently to talk to friends, family.
  • Does not seem to work in Google Talk yet... Only the rear facing camera does.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Im confused, I have never had any issues with camera other than the short camera hickup that could be resolved ny changing calendar date to 08-01-2011 and open camera twice because first time the camera FC...  After that turn the auto update time option..

What issue are you having with camera...

0 Likes
XenoGod2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

Im confused, I have never had any issues with camera other than the short camera hickup that could be resolved ny changing calendar date to 08-01-2011 and open camera twice because first time the camera FC...  After that turn the auto update time option..

I believe that was a problem with the leaked Gingerbread builds (according to XDA developer forums someone commented that HTC inadvertantly/accidentally/purposely timbombed a few library files to expire at a certain date/time).

As far as I know the official release does not have that problem... Personally myself using the official release no camera force closes happened to me yet.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

XenoGod2011 wrote:

Wildman wrote:

I believe that was a problem with the leaked Gingerbread builds (according to XDA developer forums someone commented that HTC inadvertantly/accidentally/purposely timbombed a few library files to expire at a certain date/time).

As far as I know the official release does not have that problem... Personally myself using the official release no camera force closes happened to me yet.

This has been reported by a few with the stock build also but the posters reported that the camera isnt working now and I was wondering what issue they was speaking of because I havent seen any issues with front facing camera other than a few unsupported apps but thats not the cameras issue.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I take back my comment. I see now there is an icon to switch the cameras where before it was an option in the menu

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ok, I was wondering if I was missing something.

0 Likes