Re: Forced Update Violates Contract!
Not applicable

If you don't want updates, don't purchase a smart phone.  That's your choice.

0 Likes
Not applicable

schtefan wrote:

>Comment deleted<

This is directly from the customer agreement as found on the first page of the Verizon wireless website:

Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device.

So I don't know where you got your info buddy, but you can't do nothing. >Comment deleted<

"6 callers ahead of us, Jimmy!" Next!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This ICS update is the second major OS update for the Thunderbolt.  The first was from FroYo to Gingerbread plus the minor updates in between.  You accepted the previous updates, I would suspect.  How is this update different from those?  The interface for the phone has been changed more then once since the phone was first sold by Verizon Wireless.

The update wasn't forced on my phone.  I manually pulled it down and accepted it along with every other update for the Thunderbolt.

IMG_20130205_231516.jpg

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

Wrong, this update is forced dispite the option.  Read the results, there will be a GUI change reguardless of rejection.  >Name calling comment removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

>Since this poster feels the need to continue to call members name who are offering THEIR OPINION, this post is deleted and the thread will be locked. Further name calling and violating of the VZW ToS will result in further actions against the OP.<

0 Likes