Firmware Upgrade - OLD Text Messages/Photos Appearing BEFORE I Text
LoonLady

I recently went through the Thunderbolt Firmware Upgrade. All is well EXCEPT when I go to answer a text message. BEFORE I start typing, old messages and photos that I had sent to a totally different recipient months ago, are already entered into the response text box. I have to back out (back space) to get rid of text or I have to delete an arbitrary photo which was AUTOMAGICALLY inserted for me!

Not only does this waste my time, it can be very confusing! I could also inadvertently send private photos or private texts which were meant and sent to someone else MONTHS ago, to someone they were never intended for....!

Anyone else have their text messaging being hijacked by the operating system since the recent firmware upgrade??

Not sure who is responsible for the fix on this but, from what I see on this forum, I am lucky by comparison, to the other issues being experienced by those who updated their firmware (2/11/2013) when Verizon forced it onto us.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! Does no one BETA TEST these upgrades before they are forced upon us?

0 Likes
Re: Firmware Upgrade - OLD Text Messages/Photos Appearing BEFORE I Text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Loonlady!
I understand your concern w/your messaging! I use messaging all the time and would not be happy either. I have some troubleshooting steps for you. Please give it a try and keep me posted:

Wipe Cache Partition
Before booting into Recovery, ensure that fast boot has been turned off:
1. Tap Menu
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Power
4. Uncheck the box for Fast boot.

Once fast boot has been turned off, reboot into Recovery to wipe cache partition:
1. Power off the device
2. While holding down the Volume Down button, press the Power button. The device will boot into the bootloader which is a white screen with 3 Androids at the bottom screen.
3. Using the Volume Down button, select RECOVERY
4. Press the Power button to select the option. Device will reboot into a black screen with a red exclamation mark in a red triangle atop a device.
5. Press Volume Up and Power button to get into the Recovery menu.
6. Using Volume Down button, highlight the Wipe cache partition option.
NOTE: Be sure that Wipe cache partition is highlighted. Do not choose Wipe data/factory reset as this will result in loss of data!
7. Press the Power button to select the option
8. When the process, is complete, ensure that Reboot system now option is highlighted.
9. Press the Power button to select the option and reboot the device into the OS.

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wizbmom

I have the same problem!  I carried out the steps outlined by Christina B VZW Support and still have issue. 

0 Likes
wizbmom

Update - After deleting my DRAFT text messages I no longer seem to be having the problem.

0 Likes
LoonLady

I too tried deleting my DRAFT messages and this seemed to correct the problem, without having to go through Christina B's lengthy instructions for fixing the issue.

Perhaps Christina B can pass the word.....

0 Likes