Re: Faint ringing HTC One
DLAnderson

Is this problem seriously persisting into the One?!

Yes, it appears so. My wife just picked up a One 5 days ago. Today had the ringing problem. Called me for help and it went away. I'm waiting for it to reappear to trouble-shoot, but by day 14 I have to decide if we stay with HTC or move on. A real pain considering how long we waited for the One in the first place.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Mickfo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.  Low Signal Area, Verizon, htc One causes faint ringing to start and it doesn't stop until I make a call or receive a call.  I can turn the phone off and on again and it will continue ringing.  It is unrelated to ringtone or volume settings.  I just exchanged my phone today for another htc one, so we'll see if it happens on this phone.  I swear I have the worst luck with phones... the last phone I tried to buy brand new a year or so ago was a defective microphone Galaxy S3. 

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just exchanged for my third phone. I went to a different store this time to see if I could get lucky and get a non defective unit. I have also emailed HTC in an attempt to let them fix the issue. I think everyone who has the problem should email HTC, when I emailed them they were unaware that there was even a problem. It might open their eyes to the problem with the DNA and the ONE if they get an influx of emails.

0 Likes
Mickfo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, my replacement (brand new phone) is already ringing.  So two defective phones!?  I didn't download a single app... i didn't even get to send a text before it started.  I was on sprint(way too slow) just waiting for htc one to hit verizon... made the switch to verizon and get this!?  So now my choices are to try to get out of verizon and go htc one on AT&T, or I can pick a different phone on verizon.  This stinks.... my wife's argument for me to get an iphone is unfortunately making more sense everyday.

0 Likes
rtpbiker

I picked up the HTC One on August 22nd and today it started ringing faintly just like the other posters described.  Right during the middle of a business meeting.  I also read through the eight pages on the Droid DNA forum about the same issue.  My wife has a Droid DNA for seven months now and has never experienced this issue.  For me only placing a call to the phone stops the faint ringing.  If it happens again I'll try disabling the fastboot option to see if it helps.

0 Likes
Mickfo
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I said, my replacement phone is having the same ringing problem.   Last night my phone was completely off, yet it was ringing in the middle of the night (woke me up four times).  I will be taking my phone back today and switching to AT&T instead.  Too bad I've been with Verizon for five days now, because if it was within three days I wouldn't have to pay the activation fees when I close my account.  What a bunch of crap.

0 Likes
keithrlewis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have been experiencing this issue - it would appear to be something with the firmware potentially - i have only had the phone for 5 days and i would not expect this issue to appear so soon after purchasing.  It surprises me that Verizon has been so mum on this issue - no explanation,  no follow up, no fix in sight.   Verizon Wireless at least acknowledge that you have an issue and are working on a fix.  Perhaps they are just ignoring it to boost HTC One sales.

Just like they locked the phone down and bloated it with Verizon software that is useless, forcing applications on us that just run in the background without any permission - its no wonder that there are issues.

0 Likes
isuguitar12

I agree with the worrying lack of response. I have gotten different responses from Verizon support. In a chat session, it seemed that this was a known issue and they were working on it, but when I called for tech support it seemed that it was unknown. I was transferred to an HTC representative and opened a support ticket so hopefully we hear something soon. I don't have a lot of hope since the Droid DNA has a similar problem with no fix over the last 5 months. I waited for this phone for so long and it is disappointing to have to deal with such a dumb problem now.

0 Likes
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my HTC One for about 2 weeks now and about a week ago the phone starting "ringing" very faintly in the earpiece.  I rebooted the phone and it went away.  Today, low and behold, the faint "ringing" started again.  I had read up on the faint ringing issue on the HTC DNA and didn't see a fix.  In that forum one person said they thought Facebook app caused it.  The only program I downloaded so far was the Facebook app so I thought we could be on to something.  When the "ringing" started today, I went into my application program to see which programs started up about the time the ringing began. Facebook was one of the programs recently started however when I stopped the app the "ringing" continued.  I disabled HTC Services also but no change.  Instead of rebooting the phone, I followed someones suggestion (from the DNA forum) which said to start a call then end it.  That worked and the "ringing" went away.  The noise is very faint and doesn't match up with the pre-installed ringtones as far as I can tell.   The problem seems to be on two HTC phones (DNA and the ONE) and both happen to be on Verizon...so, not sure what is causing it.  I agree with someone above who said to disable the Verizon apps once it starts to see what happens...I will do that next time.

0 Likes
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S  Both times I was in the same low signal area

0 Likes