Re: Faint ringing HTC One
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

macri wrote:

Has anyone received the latest software update and had the ringing reoccur?...

Wow -- I hadn't heard there was an update ...but I tried Settings>Software Update>Check new, and -- sho nuf -- there it was waiting for me.  Downloaded and installed.  May be a while before I'm in a situation where the FR can occur, so we'll see...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HighDesert wrote:

macri wrote:

Has anyone received the latest software update and had the ringing reoccur?...

Wow -- I hadn't heard there was an update ...but I tried Settings>Software Update>Check new, and -- sho nuf -- there it was waiting for me.  Downloaded and installed.  May be a while before I'm in a situation where the FR can occur, so we'll see...

Here is some information on the update. The source is linked in the article. http://m.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-one-receiving-first-ota-update

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
murph1

Great to hear there is a software update. At least HTC is putting out updates.

I would be interested to hear from those who have been able to reliably repeat the ringing if it still occurs. Hopefully this update fixes it.

0 Likes
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also experienced it twice while hiking in Rockies where coverage came and went. I could stop it by calling  a number. I will try this update however I'm not at Rockies anymore.

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the update now for a couple of days and have not had a reoccurance of the ringing. Previously I would get it aleast once a day while at work, and I've been at work all week. Hopefully this is the permanent fix, looking good so far. I'd have a lot more confidence if others who have this problem would chime in and let us know if it has been working for them.

0 Likes
lcain

Installed the update last week. Had the ringing problem both yesterday and today. Once each day.

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting, I've had the update for over a week and have not had the ringing. I wonder if the problem can be caused by multiple problems. ie. bad reception or bad sim card

0 Likes
murph1

Maybe the very act of installing an update (of any kind) resets enough other things in the phone that some people's aren't having the issue (yet). Though Icain seemed to have it again several days after the install.

I still have only had my ringing occur once, about 10 days ago. I installed the update last week and no ringing since then, but I might not have gotten any ringing even without updating.

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to soon, I had the faint ringing this afternoon. So this isn't the fix but it seems to have reduced the occurrence. I used to get it at least once a day at work and over the past week this has been the first time. I was on the phone at the time and it started when it switched to 4G from 3G.

0 Likes
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had the ringing since the update including a few days before the update, so about a total of a week and a half.  I would get it at least 3-4 times a week (usually once per day).  The only other thing I've done since the last time it "rang' was install the Clean Master app, not to fix the problem... I seriously doubt it would anyway.

0 Likes