Re: Faint ringing HTC One
tkroeten

Having the exact same issue.  Seems to happen when the phone loses signal and is trying to reconnect, it's happened three times over the past few days walking through the same hallway at work.  Take my phone out of my pocket and see it dropping and trying to reconnect to 3g/4g.  Took it into the store, apparently one of the employees was having the same exact problem with the One he got as a company phone.  Did a factory reset and sent me on my way -_-;  Waiting for the issue to crop up again.

0 Likes
jaja7

I also have this problem. I've called Verizon tech twice already. The first time they reset a few things. It just happened again last night, called today and they reset some more things. So now I wait and see what happens. Mine has happened a few times from various things like texting or absolutely nothing! So I can't say mine is due to a loss of signal plus I turned off the data roaming alert just in case it was. So I believe it's something internal. Such a great phone and now seeing all these posts, I feel like I'll have no choice but to switch to another phone...

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can confirm that by using the app LTE on/off and switching to "LTE/CDMA only" I have not had the ringing in days. Again this disables the EvDo which is your 3G. I have pretty good 4G coverage so this hasn't been a huge issue for me. I was able to play with the different bands (LTE,CDMA,EvDo) while at work, in a low signal area and I could replicate the problem. I gave HTC a call today and they took my phone's information as well as the location where this problem occurs. I was told they are tracking the problem and they sent my info over to their special assign. team. I would advice everyone to call them and make sure your added to their tracking. The more people that call in the better chance we have of getting a solution to this problem.

0 Likes
mmedicielo

This just happened to my phone also. I've been reading the thread and I'm just wondering if anyone has found a permanent fix for this? The ringing hasn't happened again, but I'm worried it will.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Permanent fix, buy it at T-Mobile where it does not have a faint ring, and the FM Radio is not disabled as with Verizon.

Just love my HTC One.

0 Likes
mmedicielo

I love my HTC One also, but if this is a frequent issue (in which I am hoping it isn't) then I need to figure out if I need to get a new phone or switch back to my iPhone... 😕 I can deal with having to tweak some things on the phone if that will help. I appreciate everyone that has been posting about this issue, replying back to others, and keeping all of us with this issue updated.

0 Likes
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over on the "Faint background ringing HTC DNA thread Verizon customer service says "We've worked closely with HTC regarding this and we're working together for a resolution as soon as possible.  Currently the only work around is to place a call or to restart the phone.  I absolutely appreciate your patience in regards to this concern and look forward to the resolution".

I should add you can also switch to GSM or UTMS using Settings, then Mobile Data.  It only takes a second or two, then you can switch back to Global or LTE/CDMA.

I will go over to the DNA thread and let them know we (HTC One) have the same issue and they can work to resolve this one too! 

0 Likes
kajco13

I'm having the same problem. I would love to hear what HTC or Verizon's solution is when somebody finds out.

0 Likes
gambrej
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still haven't had the problem occur again for since changing the Sims card

and keeping it in lte all the time. The only weird thing is even when I

have it in just lte it still will go down to 3G in some areas but no

ringing noise in almost 3weeks.

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

It might help if everyone who has this problem contacts Verizon and HTC to help build a case to get the problem resolved. They will be more inclined to provide a solution if the number of affected phones keeps growing. Sitting on the sideline and asking to be informed of the solution when one is found is not helping anyone, including yourself.