Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Facebook keeps logging out and Phone overheats
RayRey

After I downloaded ICS, the Facebook app from the Play Store keeps logging me out. After it logs me off, I then get a message saying "Authorization Failed." It un-syncs my friends from my contacts. This happened to me like 4 times already and its annoying. Is anyone else having this problem?

My phone seems to get hotter after the update as well. Other then that, I love the update

0 Likes
Re: Facebook keeps logging out and Phone overheats
demmo86rt
Champion

My phone was doing that for a while, then it stopped. I don't remember, but there may have been an app update that fixed it, out maybe it was an issue on Facebook's end.

0 Likes
JiveTurkey15
Enthusiast

Same here, My facebook has logged out 3 times so far, and Instagram only did it once moments after I finished ICS update 2 days ago. Not sure what's going on here???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RayRey, I know how frustrating this can be and I’m here to help! Having issues with the apps on your phone is never fun.

A large update like Android 4.0 brings many changes all intended to bring enhancements to the user experience. But it can also not be compatible with other apps on the phone. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the FaceBook app and see if that helps.

If you’re still having issue after reinstalling the app run the phone in Safe Mode http://bit.ly/vDpqOD to see if another 3rd party app is causing the issue. If the issue persists while in safe mode I would recommend a hard reset http://bit.ly/wLmjGs to fix the issues after the software update.

Post back if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kujo_31

I too am having the same issues. Not with overheating, just with Facebook logging out. I've tried to uninstall the app but its embedded so it doesn't do a complete uninstall. It started doing this after ICS update. It logs me out at about the same time every day. It seems to only be a rezound issue as I know people with Razrs and they are not having the same issue after the update. The update has nice features but is definitely a battery killer.

0 Likes
BozChaz
Enthusiast

I'm getting that same problem, it's happened aproximately 4 or 5 times to me. It did it right away for a couple of times, and then stopped for about a week and a half, and then yesterday it happened again. Slightly irritating...

0 Likes
cbud72
Enthusiast

My Rezound just started deauthorizing Facebook this week. Happened once  a couple days go and now it is doing it 2-3 times a day. Getting frustrating!

0 Likes
RayRey

it still keeps on doing the same thing and I've given it a couple weeks. Its become a common problem among others. I believe it has to do something with Facebook itself. I hope you can get a hold of Facebook and fix this problem. I have never had this problem until ICS was updated. I also believe it has to do with not being compatible with the ICS update. I hope you can fix this ASAP because it has become really unsatisfying.

I also want to make sure you get the update to the Maps fixed because that's become a common problem with us Rezound users

Thank You

0 Likes