Facebook issue with new Thunderbolt
ruinsofzach

All,

I just got my wife a new thunderbolt, and for now it's running stock sense.
the Facebook app has an annoying issue however.
When she views the news feed or her profile, the screen shows a zoomed in view, and cuts off about 1/3 of the right side of the page. So , she has to scroll left and right constantly in order to read every post entirely.  and since the + sign of all facebook posts is on the right side of the screen, she has to scroll to the right in order to hit it, then scroll back to left to view the beginning of the posts.  It's really annoying. there is no way that i can find to zoom out.  

It's almost if the facebook app thinks the phone is of a different resolution or screen size.

troubleshooting thus far:

cleared data,cleared cache for facebook app.

uninstalled / reinstalled facebook app.

updated facebook to new version

master reset of phone.

none of these resolved the 'zoom' issue.

anyone ever see this before?

for now she's using the web version of facebook as a work around.  this is the only app that has this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Facebook issue with new Thunderbolt
jcrawford79
I have the same problem and it drives me nuts
0 Likes
ruinsofzach

yea, it's really frustrating.

did you try a master reset as well?

also, when you got your new thunderbolt, did you have the verizon sales person import anything from your old sd card from your old phone?  I did, and i'm wondering if any config settings may have transferred over / confusing the facebook app.

my next step is to wipe the sd card/master reset, try all over again.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

I didn't see you mention that she tried this, so I thought I'd throw it out there:

Has she tried manually zooming out?? Like, pinching her fingers together on the screen?

0 Likes
ruinsofzach

yea,

that was my first thought, but pinching or expanding with your fingers to zoom in / out has no effect. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i hate the fb app for android anyhow. i created a shortcut to the mobile site (m.facebook.com) on my homescreen because it is better than the app, in my opinion. i still use the app to check in and for a couple of other things, but the mobile site is pretty nice. i know this doesn't accomplish a fix, but i really don't know what else you could try? can you uninstall and reinstall it? or at least uninstall the most recent update? not sure if that's an option on a stock tbolt? 
i would suggest checking out "friencaster." it's free in the market and is a nice alternative to the fb app for android. 

0 Likes
ruinsofzach

thanks for the info.

yea, for now she's just using the mobile site.  i've tried pretty much everything i can think of and all the things that the posts have mentioned.  I'm going to keep researching and i'll update the post if i find anything else.

thanks for the replies.

0 Likes