Email push problem
Jaelyn

Hi!

Has anyone had problems with their email notifications?  I am not getting notifications for my work email. It had been working fine then suddenly it wasn't. I went to the VZW store to get it looked into.  They took out the battery and sim card for a minute then replaced. It worked while in the store and hasn't since. Before going back I wanted to see if anyone else has had the problem. I know my settings are fine because I can hit the the email button and it will pull up emails that are available and the silly notification will show up at that time.  This is really frustrating.  I have missed some important emails because of this problem. Please help.  I thought maybe the up date did something but I don't see that as a common problem that people have had since then.

0 Likes
Re: Email push problem
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but 1. are you using the stock email client? If so, since the update, have you gone into the settings in the email program to check the Notification settings? Maybe Email notifications got turned off.

In the email program, Menu/More/Settings/Notification settings.

0 Likes
Jaelyn

I've checked setting.  They appear to be as they should be. 

0 Likes
BeNT1

I think this is an issue with the stock email client. I am having the same issue. I just switched to verizon about two weeks ago, and had the same issue with my HTC Sensation 4G with my previous provider. There were a lot of people having the same issue on the forums of my previous provider, and most simply downloaded a different email app from the market. Most seem to use K-9. I personally would rather use the stock client myself, but I have been unable to find a solution.

0 Likes