Re: EPIC FAIL is Accurate!
B33
Legend

@PCNC284  I had to do the same thing you Did to read my Pm Msg's by going on IE.

But Back to the Post an subject in Hand:

I think an i'm not try to make anybody upset by say this: I think T-Bolt came out to soon of cource you have got to have a guinea pig or your first to test the waters. an this is Verizons first 4G Baby an for some folks it been a slightly bumpy ride but as for other

it's been nothing but a night Mare as they have posted. an i can see some of there frustration as i kind of went thru this with my Droid Incredible My first Two that is. But as one have said you have to read all the fine lines. an any more do your research on

these Devices before you commit. Just like we had to do when buying that first high deph Tv or P.c.  read Comsumer reports or Articals in Magazines or the post on here. An say to your self is this really for me. Is it going to work for me. Like the area were i

live it only has 3G but 35 miles to the south East they got or will be getting LTE July 21 but i don't live in Wichita so for me i don't see the reason to have a 4G phone that i can't get the full potential out of it unless i pitch a tent some wear in Wichita to get it...

But on returns an i didn't remember if the Op that wrote the post said or not but she should have had a 1 time exchange to go to something Els if the T-bolt was'nt working for her.  an not being able to make calls when she's at work to me defiently qaulifies

for an exchange to a different phone she did'nt buy a new car just a phone an hech some car dealer's are letting people bring back there car if they don't like it. but there's probably a penalty in there some wear.  But if she used up the one time exchange

that would keep her from getting a different Device she could only get another T-bolt.      

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

DincX110 wrote:

I think an i'm not try to make anybody upset by say this: I think T-Bolt came out to soon of cource you have got to have a guinea pig or your first to test the waters. an this is Verizons first 4G Baby an for some folks it been a slightly bumpy ride but as for other

The irony is that these are probably the same people who were whining and complaing about delays and Verizon holding back from them.  Just can't win with some people.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

Heliosgirl wrote:
It amazes me that people defend Verizon. You must work for them and NO...no one EVER said it was a promotion!

It WAS listed as a promotion. EVERY TIME you turned on the Hotspot app, there was a popup screen that stated the free hotspot was a limited time offer for certain devices. Didnt take time to read it did ya?????

I remember one of the two pop-ups had a check box for "to not remind you again" or something like that. I don't recall if the promotion reminder was that one. I purposely left it set to have the dialog pop up each and every time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well PJ i guess you can its like having 3 little ones an they all want the cherry pop sickle thats in the freezer an there is only one left in the Box  but there are plenty other flavors orange an grape.  So to settle the situation you tellem hey i'm gonna have the grape.  an by that you avoided a big Situation.  untill you can go to the store for another Box  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
My best advice would be to complain *611 every little thing thats going on that u think is a problem. More times tech support reads it u might have a better chance on getting something comparable like a charge or a revolution. Complaining here might not get u anywhere to get a different phone.
0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lot's of calls for silly stuff would not be productive.

"Due to excessive inanity, we're experiencing extremely high call volumes. Your estimated wait time is approximately...  900 ...minutes. Your call is important to us, please hold and a representative will help you."

:smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Hands down, it is the OPs fault for not returning the device within 14 days. You CLEARLY didn't like the phone and it's issues, why would you stick with it? Reps make the 14 day return window very clear. You had to have liked the phone somewhat if you didn't persist that you return it for a new one right away. Even if they kept telling you there would be a software update - they couldn't give you a specific date (you assumed it was soon - which means you also agreed to live with the issues until the software update) They told you they thought it was going to fix the issues (even if this were true, and they knew what the update did, you accepting this and not returning the phone is still agreeing to live with the issues until the update) I don't see any other issues or arguments here.

0 Likes
scottl21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have never had any problems with my Thunderbolt........ no data issues, no resets, no automatic rebooting, no nothing.  And how was I able to do this?????? I HAVE NEVER DOWNLOADED ANY OF VERIZONS UPDATES

0 Likes
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone number 1: had connectivity issue, receive the connectivity patch that caused the reboot hell. Verizon at their option replaced it, I guess before realizing the whole **bleep** thing was software. 

Phone number 2, the CLNR: 20 days and the screen began squeeking and lifting, light leaks, etc... NO not water damage. Replaced with CLNR

Phone number 3: Had 7 days, loaded patch for reboot, since then it has the connectivity of a 2400 baud modem. Shortly after patch the lights for home,menu,back, search, arbitrarily turn off an on. Took to verizon store, phone 4 received today

Phone 4: got here 3 hours ago, peeled the little blue things off, put in the battery, The actual frame around the screen makes a weird loud click, not the battery cover, but the phones frame around the screen.. If the build is not solid, I don't want to wait and see what else will go wrong with a factory cert... Will be visiting the store tomorrow and buying yet another phone... I WILL PAY ANYTHING FOR SANITY.... But after tomorrow I will not have a Thunderbolt any more... In 20 years of having cell service I have never had equipment suck like this. 

The glaring elephant in the room is BOY there sure are a lot of factory replacements available for a phone out all of 4 months...

0 Likes
rapongallo

I have had mine for 2 months now. I have installed every update and don't have any issues. I love mine, except for the crappy vzw bloatware and the block of htc sense sync. I have many friends with this phone and no issues.

0 Likes