Re: E-Mail no longer syncing automatically.
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
Ok now my weather is syncing I enabled power efficiency then disabled it. Then checked to make sure sync settings were still set correctly and it has worked so far.
0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
After getting weather to sync my email stopped syncing!!! Checked settings in mail app and it showed manual set it back to auto. Have to wait and see if it works now.
0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
So far so good for me mail syncing fine again.
0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I have my my E-Mail syncing again.

I changed the off peak hours sync from manual to every hour.

Behold my E-Mail is now syncing.

Go figure.

2.3.4 really broke this phone.  So Did MR-1 and MR-2.

Let's get moving on Ice Cream Sandwich. If that does not break the phone either.

A very fustraded Thunderbolt owner with 3 of these phones.:smileysad:

0 Likes
dcpmark
Enthusiast - Level 2
Too bad I saw your fix after I deleted my bad account and set it up again, which caused me to lose all of that account's email I had saved on my phone. Oh well.
0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello and thank you to the community members for posting. 

I understand the inconvenience of e-mails not being pushed through. I am glad to know that it is syncing now as it should. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
flfiregirl

My mail folder will not download mail when it attempts to sync it says " there are problems with the secruity certificate".  I downloaded the yahoo mail app and it brought all my mail in when I installed it.  Today it  would notify me when I had an email, but when I went to the email it was not there.  The folder only shows emails prior to install yesterday.   Any advice?

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

LenaA_VZW wrote:

Hello and thank you to the community members for posting. 

I understand the inconvenience of e-mails not being pushed through. I am glad to know that it is syncing now as it should. 

Thank you, 

Hello Lena,

Its syncing, but not by design of the application.  I have the off peak settings to manual  for a reason so I can sleep at night. Its kind of a pain now to have to turn off the notifications each night for now 4 E-Mail accounts.

The should work as designed like it did before the upgrade.

My phone has to be on 24/7 due to being on an Emergency Response Team.

I would really like to see better communication between HTC and Verizon on bugs and fixes.

RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Once someone says they have found a way to work-around a problem, however inconvienent it is to the user a Verizon employee jumps in and considers it solved. Verizon / HTC... Work on a real solution, ( I for one am tired of having to constantly search for workarounds after every update) and stop all the excuses.
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
Well my email started not syncing again.... Also would not check for new email when I opened the app I had to click refresh to get new mail. I have found that if I hit the home button to get out of the app it will not sync. If I use the back button to get out it starts working again.
0 Likes