Duplicate Texts
rholemodel

Im getting duplicate text messages, started last week. At first I thought it was my sms app, handcent, because it had just done an update so I uninstalled it and went back to the default sms. It's still doing it. Extremely annoying, is there any way to fix this. Already did the turn off phone, battery pull and clear data.

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate Texts
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Had same thing two different times... I ended up having to call *611 both times to get it fixed (temporary :'() before blowing thru my 250 allotment. Since then I've changed to Google voice and haven't had it occur again. Only drawback is gv doesn't support mms yet.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Duplicate texts? Or duplicate text notifications for the same text? I'm basically asking if you turned off the text notification for the stock app if you get the alert for handcent.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The duplicate messages problem is a bug in Android.  Seem to remember it randomly happening on all 3 android devices I've owned (OG Droid, Fascinate & Thunderbolt) regardless of messaging app used.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi rholemodel,

I understand your discontent. I would be frustrated if I receive duplicate SMS messages. Since you have already tried all basic troubleshooting (Power off/on, battery pull and clear data) the next steps would be to run phone in Safe Mode to ensure this issue is not caused by a third party application conflict. And if necessary, doing a Factory Reset may resolve the duplicate SMS issue. Please keep in mind that performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

As I checked my resources I learned that a Thunderbolt software update will be released soon (no definite date available). You may want to wait for the Thunderbolt Software Update to be released as this may also resolve the SMS issue.

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
I believe people are getting this update now.
0 Likes