Did anyone consider the Thunderbolt?
southflguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've already made my decision and obviously decided on the iPhone 4 (as I'm sure most of you have).  But for a while I was debating between the Thunderbolt and the iPhone.  Battery life was a big concern for me.  Anyone else consider this device?

0 Likes
Re: Did anyone consider the Thunderbolt?
Viphone26
Enthusiast - Level 3

No I have not. Now despite what anyone says, the Thunderbolt is a more functional phone than the Iphone, unless you do a jailbreak. Freely accessible OS, developer friendly market, more customization, and flash (as well as other features). Ive grown to like the Android platform a lot by using my droid and droid 2. But for so long I have always had extremely functional phones; not exactly good looking phones.

I like the design of the Iphone, and the IOS is smooth, and not too simple that I feel like im being babied. I did not really consider the thunderbolt, just because I wanted a change from the Android

0 Likes
nanna24
Contributor - Level 2

I considered the Droid X... in fact, I bought one just a couple of weeks ago.  But, I returned it because I changed my mind and decided on the iPhone.  I would have gotten the iPhone on ATT when it first came out but they were only selling them at full retail, then.

0 Likes
southflguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm coming from an EVO 4G which I'd say is kind of equivalent to the Thunderbolt.  I had the first two iPhones (original and 3G) and then I couldn't take AT&T anymore and switched to Sprint.  I do love the Android platform I have to say (and will probably get the Motorola Xoom tablet when it comes out.. talk about SWEET!) but I was also missing certain apps from the Android platform.  The other thing that just got me is the retina display.  I've never seen a better screen hands down.  The good part is that if I ever get the 4G itch I can always tether my iPhone to the Xoom.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Its what I am getting. I'm in a 4g area and I want 4g. I also prefer the Android OS. So 4g, 8 gigs internal and preloaded 32gig external, with Skype built in to the system (not an app) and simultaneous voice and data with no need for wifi....just seems impossible NOT to get. It is superior with what I'm sure will be an inferior battery. Oh yeah....I just can't stand jobs' attitude when it comes to flash support and 4g support. If he doesn't want to give people what they want and wants to convince us why we .don't need 4g and flash, that's fine. But I won't buy his products because he doesn't think I need a device that could have much more function.
0 Likes
veniaxcrucis

I did not. I want something that offers a great battery life and stable. {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

Plus, I am not looking forward to seeing the price Verizon hangs us with when going to 4G service. I frankly do not see ever needed that sort of speed on a phone, and do not feel like spending 45/month for data. (I am only guessing that will be the price they will give for it)

0 Likes
CandlerRJ200

i considered it, but the potential high cost of the 4G service, the lack of useful apps on android, and the fragmentation of the android OS led me to the iPhone... 

0 Likes
agarcia34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope.Cause I already had the Evo and the Thunderbolt isn't as beasutiful as the Evo was.

0 Likes
mpf189

I would if it was 3g, but I don't want to pay extra for 4g when it won't be in my area for awhile most likely.

0 Likes