Computer doesn't recognize data/photos/videos on Thunderbolt
twostepper32

Hey all - I am new to smartphone.  The TB is the first I've ever had. Its been quite entertaining getting everything set up, but I'm noticing some issues.  I haven't been able to find a fix for them.  I'm hoping a new phone isn't necessary because it took me days to get this phone set up how I like it.

1.  When I plug my phone into the computer, "Verizon Mobile" shows up on my E drive, but the only folders are "drv" and "img".  I can't find my pictures or videos anywhere.  (I switched out the SD cards to see if my computer would read a card from a previous phone and it didn't help the situation).

2.  I am getting an "unexpected SD error" and now numerous photos and videos have disappeared.  I've downloaded quickpic and Astro per other people's recommendations and neither located the missing files. 

Any ideas for a newbie?  Any input is much appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Computer doesn't recognize data/photos/videos on Thunderbolt
Wildman
Legend

twostepper32 wrote:

Hey all - I am new to smartphone.  The TB is the first I've ever had. Its been quite entertaining getting everything set up, but I'm noticing some issues.  I haven't been able to find a fix for them.  I'm hoping a new phone isn't necessary because it took me days to get this phone set up how I like it.

1.  When I plug my phone into the computer, "Verizon Mobile" shows up on my E drive, but the only folders are "drv" and "img".  I can't find my pictures or videos anywhere.  (I switched out the SD cards to see if my computer would read a card from a previous phone and it didn't help the situation).

Did you select the Mass Storage option to activate sd card as storage device?

2.  I am getting an "unexpected SD error" and now numerous photos and videos have disappeared.  I've downloaded quickpic and Astro per other people's recommendations and neither located the missing files. 

Do you get this error while plugged into a PC? Try Placing the sd card in a pc card reader...

Any ideas for a newbie?  Any input is much appreciated.

0 Likes
JMFT

I just had this problem.  The solution I discovered is this:

Plug in phone to USB

Select Mount as Disk Drive under Connect to PC

Open Computer directory on PC

DON'T open the device identified as your mobile phone

INSTEAD open the other USB drive and you will see the DCIM files etc,,

I have no idea why this happens.  My Thunderbolt shows up as Verizon Mobile on my J drive, but when opened only shows the same files you saw.  If I open the K drive instead, I see all the data I am looking for.  Hope this works for you, too.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

when you mount the device to a pc, one of the external drives is the phone's hard drive, and the other external drive is the sd card (where you will find most of what you're looking for). they are 2 seperate external hard drives.

0 Likes
jwalker711

THanks for posting this, It worked for me.

0 Likes
itsmetammywey

If your trying to download media files such as photos from your phone, go to settings, then connect to pc, then click on default connection type (disc drive) then select disc drive. you should the be able to access your photos from computer on your F drive now then click on folder DCIM then media.

0 Likes