Re: Check For Software Update Question
AZSALUKI
Legend

nathang wrote:

A while back, I did the leaked MR2 update on my unrooted TB.

Android Version 2.2.1

Baseband Version1.39.00.0508w, 0.01.69.0510w_3

Kernal Version2.6.32.21-g0606a3a

Build Number1.66.605.2 CL343045

Software number1.66.605.2

BrowserWebKit 533.1

PRI Version1.41_002, 1.64_002

PRL Version15011

ERI Version5

When I go to check Software Updates, it gives me a window that says

Finish

No New Software Update Available.

Will I not get the latest update because I installed the leaked MR2 update already?

you wont. you'll need to find the official update and manually install it, like you did with the leaked one.

0 Likes
ThunderboltWolf
Droidm what do u mean pot shot your not making sense but I forgive u on this topic. I just want to get along and not have arguments about this. Hope we can get along.
0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
nathang
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

nathang wrote:

A while back, I did the leaked MR2 update on my unrooted TB.

Android Version 2.2.1

Baseband Version1.39.00.0508w, 0.01.69.0510w_3

Kernal Version2.6.32.21-g0606a3a

Build Number1.66.605.2 CL343045

Software number1.66.605.2

BrowserWebKit 533.1

PRI Version1.41_002, 1.64_002

PRL Version15011

ERI Version5

When I go to check Software Updates, it gives me a window that says

Finish

No New Software Update Available.

Will I not get the latest update because I installed the leaked MR2 update already?

you wont. you'll need to find the official update and manually install it, like you did with the leaked one.

Ah, ok, thanks.  Well, after reading about the update it looks like I'll just wait for Gingerbread to come out.  The leaked MR2 I have installed is working just fine.  No issues with reboots, 4g or GPS.

0 Likes
prowley40

I have spoken with Verizon and HTC about this as my phone is doing the exact same thing described by the OP.  Verizon tried to do a hard factory reset which i declined.  Other than that they were worthless and had no idea how to help me.  HTC said there was nothing wrong with my phone and that its because the update is so big that they had to do it in bunches otherwise it would lock up the network if every TB owner was allowed to download it at the same time.  So according to HTC there is nothing wrong with the phones that have the dialog box disappear.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

prowley40 wrote:

I have spoken with Verizon and HTC about this as my phone is doing the exact same thing described by the OP.  Verizon tried to do a hard factory reset which i declined.  Other than that they were worthless and had no idea how to help me.  HTC said there was nothing wrong with my phone and that its because the update is so big that they had to do it in bunches otherwise it would lock up the network if every TB owner was allowed to download it at the same time.  So according to HTC there is nothing wrong with the phones that have the dialog box disappear.

Not doing the reset was a good choice. HTC was the one that had me do it and it did not good at all. HTC says it's normal, but they don't seem to have any explanation about how it can be normal when it's not what our phones have normally done up till now. There's no way for me to tell yet if it's going to affect getting the download. I'm just waiting day to day to see if that Android icon shows up in my status bar.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
It is a good update missing things but love no rebooting.
0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I just started a new thread with a fix to this problem. It apparently is somehow connected to the Android Market. I found a link to the new update on another forum and after downloading and installing it, my Software Update is now working normally again and I have downloaded and installed the update. This is the link to the Android Market update if you want to try it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vdocx41t37rnn6y

0 Likes
prowley40

Mine worked this morning.... i think we just had to wait it out like HTC said.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Mine finally stopped disappearing and said there was an update available. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes