Can you help?: Factory reset not doing anything on 4.3 HTC One
freddie111

Hi all,

I upgraded to 4.3 from 4.2.2 (I think) on Sunday this week and since then the phone has been switching off, losing data, telling me Google + must be reinstalled, Cutting off Wifi and generally being no use whatsoever.

So I decided to do a factory reset both through the UI and also using the 'Down Volume and Powerkey approach'.

In both cases nothing happened except I got a red triangle with an exclamation mark on it and then the phone restarted and nothing had been reset.

Any ideas as to what might be the problem or how to solve it?

Thank you very much

Freddie

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you help?: Factory reset not doing anything on 4.3 HTC One
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

freddie111,

There is an alternative way to reset the phone. Please try these instructions to Factory Reset the phone within the menu options. http://vz.to/1dAErtm Please let us know if this works!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

has the phone been rooted or altered in any way? if so, you have problems. if not, then for whatever reason, the reset just isn't taking, and i would have it replaced under warranty.

0 Likes
freddie111

No, I've not changed it. Is there any way to see a log of what the phone is trying to do during the reset or is there something I could try during the 'red triangle' phase (do wipe system cache?)? Perhaps I can see an error which would indicate the problem.

0 Likes
freddie111

On further investigation it appears that the phone is failing to persist anything to 'disk'. When I restart the phone it always goes back to the same state. So the symptoms I'm seeing would appear to be to do with that being the source.

Any ideas on what might be the cause or a way to force wipe the phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to hear that you're having so many issues after the software update freddie111. That is strange that the factory reset is not working. Please try wiping system cache first. That does not erase any data, but may resolve some of the issues you're having. Test that first and if still having the original issues, attempt a hard reset again. If still not completing a factory reset, let me know.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

freddie111,

There is an alternative way to reset the phone. Please try these instructions to Factory Reset the phone within the menu options. http://vz.to/1dAErtm Please let us know if this works!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes