Can I use my unlocked device internationally without a Verizon SIM card?
panadero34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

I bought a refurbished phone They said it was unlocked but every time I restart it it prompt a message that I don't have a Verizon SIM and I can't use the 3g networks how can I fully unlock it for use in Mexico

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Refurbished phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information provided mama23dogs. I would like to provide some clarification regarding unlocking devices to use out of the country. All of our 4G devices already come unlocked for international use. However, the device must be activated on a Verizon Wireless account. Unforatuntely, we do not have the ability to make or further unlock a device to be compatible with another carrier out of the country. For additional information regarding our unlock policy click, http://vz.to/1k1KSzk

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What phone is it?

Do you have a Verizon account with an active phone line? Is that active phone line / SIM card actually installed in the phone?

It sounds like you just need to put a SIM card in it; it doesn't have to be a Verizon SIM card and if you're in Mexico (living there) then you'd want to get a local SIM card anyway.

0 Likes
panadero34
Enthusiast - Level 2

I m using it but I can make calls and sms but I can't use 3g network only 2g

0 Likes
panadero34
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have an account from Verizon I buy it here it's a gsm HTC one m7

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is it the international HTC One M7? I don't think it's an issue with Verizon, it sounds like something to do with the phone and the SIM card you're using. Check under the network settings.

0 Likes
panadero34
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I know if it's a international HTC m7 ?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure. I just saw that you could buy an unlocked international version and an unlocked US version.

My guess is under settings>network you'd have the option for "Global" settings.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IN the past 2 years Verizon has unlocked all its phones, at least all that were connected to the network.  Any phone that hasn't been on the Verizon network recently may not be unlocked.   When I first put my Galaxy S3 back on the network, it had not been unlocked.

since it is asking for a Verizon Sim, we can assume it has been locked to Verizon network.

YOu ou will have to contact Verizon to have it unlocked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information provided mama23dogs. I would like to provide some clarification regarding unlocking devices to use out of the country. All of our 4G devices already come unlocked for international use. However, the device must be activated on a Verizon Wireless account. Unforatuntely, we do not have the ability to make or further unlock a device to be compatible with another carrier out of the country. For additional information regarding our unlock policy click, http://vz.to/1k1KSzk

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes