Built in Weather/Clock verses Beautiful Widgets
JWB357
Enthusiast - Level 2

I justpicked up the HTC TB yesterday and have a question. I notince the HTC has what appears to be a "light" version of Beautiful Widgets loaded by default as it's wallpaper on the home screen.

When I had my previous Droid, I had purchased the full Beautiful Widgets app so it still shows up as purchased in the Apps section. Can I simply install that to get ALL the features back? Will it take the flip effect of the clock digits away? I don't think I had that look with the full app. (But it could simply be that I didn't set it up correctly.)

Is the HTC desktop actually using part of Beautiful Widgets?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Built in Weather/Clock verses Beautiful Widgets
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Beautiful Widgets and some of the other clock/weather widgets on the market were modeled after the flip clock and toggles in SenseUI.  HTC has the flip effect on lock and goes after pretty much anyone who tries to copy that part.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Beautiful Widgets and some of the other clock/weather widgets on the market were modeled after the flip clock and toggles in SenseUI.  HTC has the flip effect on lock and goes after pretty much anyone who tries to copy that part.

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which would be fine if the clock worked right since it is a pretty clock.  However I can't delete Sarajevo from my clock list and 9 times out of 10, it shows the time and weather for there and not even in my timezone!  To me, I call that "broken".  It doesn't work!  And half the time I can't get a network connection for anything other than calling out.  What's the point of this smartphone?  It doesn't work and I don't have time to go into the store, wait in line, retell the story every time for the sales person and see if they have a clue. 

I wanted to love it.  I know I could but I have no resources to figure out how to get it to work right.  I was going to hold my breath for the Bionic but I am concerned that some of these issues are network related and will also occur with the Bionic (at least the Bionic is cheaper).  So I am going to go back to my old Droid and wait for technology to catch up with the hardware.  The technological concepts are wonderful.  The phone is beautiful.  But I am not going to play with a proof of concept piece and still pay top dollar for it. 

Good luck everybody!  See you again in 6 months on a forum for a different phone.

0 Likes