Best Buy Blue HTC One for use with business account
itkowitz

Hi

I have a business account with Verizon and I want to upgrade 2 lines to the blue HTC One. Best Buy currently has it for $50. When I go to Best Buy's website and run through the eligibility checker, I keep getting an error that says "Your carrier says the information you entered is incorrect"

I know I have an upgrade with the line I am upgrading, my billing zip and password are correct. The only thing is the primary account holder's social security number. I tried entering the primary account last 4 of ss, I tried entering last 4 of my password, I tried entering last 4 of the tax id. Does anyone know why this isn't working? Has anyone had any luck purchasing a phone from a third party store from a business account?

0 Likes
Re: Best Buy Blue HTC One for use with business account
jskang

I was hoping to do the same but I had a suspicion that Best Buy cannot make changes related to lines under Verizon business accounts. So, I went into Best Buy yesterday and asked one of the folks in the mobile device area of the store and they confirmed my suspicion. That explains why the online lookup tool kept giving you errors.

You can only make changes to business accounts through a proper Verizon retail outlet.

Your only options are to either find one new (or slightly used) on the second-hand market (eBay, etc.) or buy the device for retail and activate it on your service.

I don't know if the BB exclusivity for the blue HTC One is permanent or if it will eventually expire. I haven't seen any information to suggest it's limited exclusivity. But, I haven't looked that hard, either.

0 Likes
Re: Best Buy Blue HTC One for use with business account
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could also purchase the phone at full retail price from Best Buy and it to your account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes