Re: Battery Indicator Monochrome after Kitkat update
Bonstance
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep and I agree.  It looks "cheap" and archaic.  I liked lots of things on my phone before this update.

tjb1022
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone, a Droid Razr Maxx HD, just recently updated. I am really disappointed to see this issue has not been resolved, or acknowledged as an issue. Engineer Dan Sandler explained white icons present a more neutral palette that works better with apps. Unfortunately they don't work better with my eyesight. When my battery is extremely low and I plug it in, I can't tell if the thing is charging because there is no contrast. I still end up cutting my blue tooth off & back on because I still expect to see a color. We live down in a little valley and have trouble receiving 4G except in certain areas in our house, typically 4G would come on white and then it would eventually turn blue. Once it turned blue it had a good signal. If you were on the computer and it started acting up you just checked to see what color it was (we can get good 4G with a blue icon for hours and then it would turn white; sometimes it would turn back blue on its own, other times we would have to boost our signal). Now I can't always tell if I really have a good 4G signal or not!!! As for my battery I have added a previously used Battery Widget, that has an 'animation' when its charging as well as having the actual battery level (not by 5's) as an icon which can be colored. My husband is going to ignore the message about the update being available...I just wish someone else in the family had gotten it first, so I could continue to ignore it. I have never had an iphone, but it is looking better and better. #nothappy

Message edited as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

xr440dude

I, too, am very disappointed with the monochromatic icons.  Very bad form to force it without any option to use colored icons as preference.

0 Likes