Re: Battery Exploded
B33
Legend

Yea I can for sure agree with ya on that with the stores, Just about were ever you live you will possibly experience the good or the bad in the staff's help..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this is a major concern a_baker. Is the phone damaged physically or by water? I recommend stopping by a corporate store to have a hands on evaluation. Here is the store locater http://bit.ly/3SdsA . Is your phone still under the one year manufacture warranty? This may have to be replaced.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

a_baker

Let's see what we can do to get you a working battery again. What kind of device are you using? Was there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the device at all? So you don't have to make a trip into the store I can review what options we might have. I did request to follow you. If you can accept that request and follow me back. Once we are following each other can you please send me a Direct Message? Here is a link on how you can start the Direct Message: http://vz.to/1fbIKzK I hope to hear back from you soon.

Kevin_R

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
a_baker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I stopped at store #1805. The representative there told me that Verizon is unable to order a replacement battery, and advised me to order a new battery from Amazon. The battery arrived from Amazon today, 5/12/14. Currently I have it charging directly from the HTC charger that came with the phone. When the charge is complete, I will update this post.

B33
Legend

Hey That's Great to hear you found a battery and it's charging up.. we'll waiting for the results.. b

0 Likes
a_baker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone is working. I tried to post this from the phone, but the verizon community login would not take my phone number as the username. I am able to access the site just fine from my PC.

The only issue I had once the phone turned on was that google flagged the mail client as suspicious. I have since been able to resolve that issue.

After 57 minutes of use, including Youtube videos, Mail client setup, and Light web browsing, the battery is at 76%. Not bad at all.

Should I make a new thread about my issue logging in to the community forum from my phone?

B33
Legend

Na to bad at all,  as for the flooding from emails and text my phone's have done that as well)  it's just catching upSmiley Happy  On the battery let it go down to 1 or 2%  left  then I'd charge it with phone off that way the battery gets a good charge with out any interruptions.. I always charge my phones this way and when it done and you turn it back on the phone will refresh it's self.. but all sounds good so far glad it working for ya.. b 

0 Likes
a_baker
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like my problems logging in to the community from my phone stem from jive. I'm not sure how to resolve that issue. Battery is still going strong off the first charge.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey That's Good to hear...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Elector you wrote going to a Verizon store as a suggestion to the OP for a new battery. I was merely pointing out to not bother with the Verizon store and go straight to the online retailers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes