Anyone else noticed battery level going up?
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I must be going crazy.  I just noticed my battery level going up by itself for no apparent reason.  I was using it pretty heavily and the battery level was at 43%.  I finished and put it to sleep.  When I picked my phone up about an hour latter the battery level was 62%.  Then I put it to sleep again and the next time I woke it up the battery level was 67%.  I was not connected to USB or the charger.  This was the same for both of the battery monitors I have.  Is this normal?  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is the battery level that much of a guess-timation?  Or is it just me?  LOL!  This is the new battery that Verizon sent me.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else noticed battery level going up?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have seen the battery level display angle up when I look at the battery usage on my Nexus, but not that high of a change.  Are you using the standard battery or the extended one?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using the standard battery.  It is a replacement one that Verizon sent me last week. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you gone through a full battery cycle with this battery?  Charge it full and then run it until it was dead?  That should reset the battery stats.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Good suggestion Ann an one i have done.. many > many .. Times with Excellent results. B33

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Ann!  I did actually forget to do a few full cycles on this new battery.  I think I let it get down into the low teens at the most and I did bump charge it.  Let me do a few full battery cycles and see how it goes.  Thanks again.

0 Likes