After ICS update, now phone says activating.
tsudude

My TBolt was recently upgraded to ICS.  However, now I have a message that says, " Activating your phone...  Please wait until your phone has been activated and restarted.  This process may take up to 2 minutes."  However, it's been several hours and the phone has not been activated nor has it restarted.  I manually restarted the phone and the same message appears.

Has anyone else had this issue?

0 Likes
Re: After ICS update, now phone says activating.
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

I had this come up as well. wasn't particularly concerned as I could see in the status bar that I was connected and transferring data. It disappeared after unlock and I've not seen it again as of yet. Most disturbing to date is my phone ringing with a ringtone that is not on the phone. 0_O

0 Likes
53dville
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem after ICS update: lock screen with message about activating phone.... Wait 2 minutes.....

It's been several hours, phone fully charged, on wireless, 4g, and wifi, been rebooted, and unlocked several times. 

Is this a known bug or problem?  The update to ICS happened several days ago, this just started.

M

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

It may be, mine did it again and this time I was transferring data and had a connection but it was not recognizing my phone number on my sim. WOW. I don't even know how that happened. Hasn't done it anymore though.

0 Likes
TAAlba

I am having the same issue.   Cold or Warm reboot does nothing.   As soon as phone locks after timeout I see

-----------------------------------

Activating your phone

(picture of SIM) with !

Please wait.....

-----------------------------------

Doesn't go/Hasn't gone away.....

Doesn't seem to  be negatively affect use.   Update did force me to erase and format my SIM though...

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i had this issue after update

i called verizon

they said

1. power down phone

2. pull battery

3 remove sim card

4 rinstall sim card

5 put battery back in

6 turn on

worked, no probelms since

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

I reset mine as it connected and transferred quite a lot of data while saying that it was roaming as well. After reset was fine until I rebooted then sim activation popped up again. I'm not doing a hard reset again. I've pulled the battery and sim and re booted several times and also, cleared cache on hboot. Maybe is was just not updated correctly ota. They are probably working on more patches for this update.

0 Likes
tsudude

Well, I haven't had the message anymore after the day I posted this message.  I turn off my phone at night.  But, the next morning when I turned on the phone, the message disappeared.  I wonder if this is a bug with the ICS update.

One thing I've noticed, since the update, is that the 4GLTE service has slowed down and it is really killing my battery.  Now, I have to charge every half day instead of every night.

0 Likes
tsudude

Spoke too soon.  The activating screen came back again.  Oh well, my contract ends at the end of this month.  I'll decide what to do from there.  One thing is for sure, I won't continue with the Thunderbolt because the ICS update has really screwed up this phone.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, mine has done this a couple more times as well. not really bothersome though.

0 Likes