Activating Your Phone... 2 minutes turns into days
amshaff2

My thunderbolt went through an update and now it says that  it is "activating my phone... please wait until my phone has been activated and restarted. This process may take up to 2 minutes"." Well it's been 3-4 days. I have restarted my phone and everything and it still pops up with that. I am able to access all my photos and contacts, but it will not let me send photos. Every now and then I will get a pop up that says Alert error code 1000. Does anyone know what I can do? It's been frustrating because when the ICS update occurred I had problems and went through about 3 phones until I got a working one. I just want a phone that works properly.

0 Likes
Re: Activating Your Phone... 2 minutes turns into days
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amshaff2, it pains me to think about the problems you've encountered with your phone after the update. I believe we may need to dive a little deeper into this problem. Can you please follow me and send me a PM(private message)? If you include your contact number, I will call you today and resolve your concerns. I look forward to speaking with you.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dl83

Good Morning,

I'm having the same issue.  It's been several days and I continue to have the "Activating your phone... Please wait until your phone ahs been activatd and restarted.  This process may take up to 2 minutes..."  In addition to that, I don't receive most of the text messages sent to me, most of my messages are not sent, when I'm trying to send a message or retrieve messages it takes a LONG time to load and then the screen goes black, I have a hard time opening most applications, even doing simple functions (making calls) takes an extremely long time. This is very frustrating because I have a hard time communicating with family, in addition I have long commute to work through very remote areas and I find it extremely frustrating that in the event of an emergency it would take me hours to actually reach anyone.  This phone and service used to be amazing, since the phone update I constantly find myself wanting to throw this phone out the window. 

Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your phone is working properly and your messages are going through is our #1 priority dl83. Let's do some trouble-shooting to get this fixed. Have you had a recent software update? Start here, ensure you have deleted your old/long text threads you don't need. Also try clearing the cache and browser history on your phone http://tiny.cc/trdcxw ,http://tiny.cc/hsdcxw . I would also like you to take off any problematic applications that may be interferring with the functionality of your device. If you still continue to have issues, you may need to perform a factory reset but make sure all your information is backed up. Here are the steps http://tiny.cc/cvdcxw . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Shivmaker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to give a peripheral note, I had a replacement Thunderbolt for nearly a year and it was fine prior to ICS. After ICS, I received this error as well as a cascade of other issues which caused me to receive a replacement TB. That phone shipped with ICS from the factory and was fine for about a week. Then, without downloading an application for a couple of days or changing settings... this message popped up on the *NEW* TB.

To clarify, this message has not resulted in any error I have noticed; calls, the internet and such all function fine.

I spoke to a Verizon rep who in turn spoke with someone in the tech department. The tech person believes it is actually a SIM CARD error. Kind of makes sense as I have had the original for years. They are sending a new one out, hope it fixes the issue.

0 Likes