4G out?
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Can't connect to data (4G,3G,1X) in Rochester, NY. WiFi works. I'd still like a place to check on outages...are you listening Verizon? Can you hear me (us) now?
0 Likes
Re: 4G out?
OnlineTechDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, nationwide outage

0 Likes
OnlineTechDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

3G works for me

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Most blogs and Verizon's twitter account are reporting a widespread outage.  I lost 4G just before 4PM EST and had to enable Rev-A to get 3G back.

0 Likes
chidj

Outages, expensive & limiting plans, and now won't play nice with Google??? Sprint sounds better and better. I want the google wallet!!!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

chidj wrote:

Outages, expensive & limiting plans, and now won't play nice with Google??? Sprint sounds better and better. I want the google wallet!!!

to be fair, verizon's 3g is about as fast as what sprint calls "4g." as with anything, you get what you pay for. if i didn't travel, i'd gladly save the $ and switch to sprint......but i travel and verizon is the only carrier that gives me a signal in the desert.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Honestly I hadn't noticed here. I have been on wifi most of the day, but during lunch I accessed the 4G LTE signal. The only application that tells me if I am connected to LTE or 3G has for the most part been on LTE color.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

chidj wrote:

to be fair, verizon's 3g is about as fast as what sprint calls "4g." as with anything, you get what you pay for. if i didn't travel, i'd gladly save the $ and switch to sprint......but i travel and verizon is the only carrier that gives me a signal in the desert.

Me, I PAY for 4G service and my data would be usless if my WiFi wasn't working. CDMA only won't connect for me, even after reboot. Most reliable network, whose metrics are they citing?
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Probably the latest study from Consumer Reports on customer satisfaction among the big 4.   I do wonder just how bad tmobile and at&t are if Sprint is behind Verizon since my roommate can't even manage to make a call on her Sprint phone from inside the house.  

As for data, you should be able to get 3G back by enabling Rev-A by dialing ##778, choose edit, enter 000000 as the passcode.  Scroll down to modem settings and toggle Rev-A from eHRPD to Enable.  Then hit the menu botton and commit modifications.  Phone will reboot and 3G should work again. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

my 3g never dropped. lost LTE.....but 3g stuck

0 Likes