4.3 when?
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Supposed to be released this week according to HTC.

Is Verizon messing this up for us again?

0 Likes
Re: 4.3 when?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's only Tuesday - and the HTC One with 4.2.2 is working perfectly fine at the moment.  I'm in no hurry to install an update that may or may not complicate things, and cause us to relearn a new interface, menus, look....

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Well you're missing the point.

The point is, it was supposed to be out this week. There has been no word, and Verizon strikes again delaying things for this phone.

The 4.3 update will not "complicate things" since it is a minor update. . Interesting you bought one of the most powerful smart phones available and your worried about "complicated".

KitKat on the other hand WILL be a major update including Sense 5.5. You might wanna sell your phone before then.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

mk7se wrote:

The point is, it was supposed to be out this week. There has been no word, and Verizon strikes again delaying things for this phone.  As I said, it's only Tuesday, and it may very well happen by the end of the week.  Wait and see...

The 4.3 update will not "complicate things" since it is a minor update. A minor update that you just can't wait a few days for, and are saying Verizon is "messing things up" by not pushing out?   Interesting you bought one of the most powerful smart phones available and your worried about "complicated". By "complicate" things, I was referring to the plethora of complaints on this forum and others about updates that change the way things look and work, and make things seem more difficult to many people.  While the update may actually improve things, it makes things "different" - so as long as the phone is working for me, I'm in no rush to get an update that (although it's "minor") will potentially change some of the features that are just now becoming familiar.

KitKat on the other hand WILL be a major update including Sense 5.5. You might wanna sell your phone before then. Nah, I don't think so . . . Smiley Happy

All I was saying is that I can be patient, and when the update comes I'll deal with it.  I'm in no hurry to get it, and if it's minor, as you say, then I'm not missing a whole lot by not having it right now, today.  Later this week or next week will be fine.  And as far as the "promise" that it would be out this week, I'd expect it to start rolling out to devices soon - not all will get it at the same time.  And this forum will see a new wave of problems due to the rollout.  It's almost inevitable! 

For that, I can wait.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

SuzyQ wrote:

mk7se wrote:

The point is, it was supposed to be out this week. There has been no word, and Verizon strikes again delaying things for this phone.  As I said, it's only Tuesday, and it may very well happen by the end of the week.  Wait and see...

The 4.3 update will not "complicate things" since it is a minor update. A minor update that you just can't wait a few days for, and are saying Verizon is "messing things up" by not pushing out?   Interesting you bought one of the most powerful smart phones available and your worried about "complicated". By "complicate" things, I was referring to the plethora of complaints on this forum and others about updates that change the way things look and work, and make things seem more difficult to many people.  While the update may actually improve things, it makes things "different" - so as long as the phone is working for me, I'm in no rush to get an update that (although it's "minor") will potentially change some of the features that are just now becoming familiar.

KitKat on the other hand WILL be a major update including Sense 5.5. You might wanna sell your phone before then. Nah, I don't think so . . . Smiley Happy

All I was saying is that I can be patient, and when the update comes I'll deal with it. That's great for YOU.  I'm in no hurry to get it, and if it's minor, as you say, then I'm not missing a whole lot by not having it right now, today. That's right. YOU'RE not, but others want the update. Later this week or next week will be fine. Fine according to who? Who do you think you are to say what is fine and not fine? It was confirmed by HTC to be out this week.

And as far as the "promise" that it would be out this week, I'd expect it to start rolling out to devices soon. Really? And you know this how? Soon=equals when? What a cliche' statement. - not all will get it at the same time.  And this forum will see a new wave of problems due to the rollout.  It's almost inevitable!  Now your "supposing again. You don't know what the update entails. What features will be enhanced or added. Your remarks are based on supposition and your singular stance of not wanting something because of supposed problems you've thought up.

For that, I can wait. If you can, great. Then why respond to my posts, unless you have actual information that is helpful. I don't want to wait, I would like to get an answer from verizon or someone who knows, why the hold up again.  I prefer to get my moneys worth out of something I pay for.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update to 4.3 is available now and pushing out to devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

Correct.

Downloaded mine last nite.

0 Likes