Re: 3G Connectivity with ThunderBolt
crazycowboyaz

Finally......other people who are having the same problem as me. NO 3G WHATSOEVER!!!! I can only get 4g and Wi-Fi at home. I live south of Atlanta on the fringe of 4g coverage.....the 4g goes in and out. I got my phone earlier in April and it was working fine, switching between the 3g and 4g flawlessly. I haven't seen my 3g symbol (or got the 3g service) on my phone since last Wednesday. I am getting tired of getting the run-around also when I call in to Verizon or go into the store. Supposedly the infamous first software patch was supposed to be released today to fix the 3g problem. When I went into the store earlier today I was assured by the Verizon rep that the software patch was "already getting pushed out", it was going to solve my problems, and it was just a matter of hours before we all got it. As of 11:48 P.M. on 5-3 as I am typing this message still no update. I am getting laughed at at work (where I can only get 3g) by my friends with Sprint Evos. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
crazycowboyaz

Additionally, I have rebooted numberous times, pulled the battery numerous times, and even done a factory restore on it twice to no avail.

0 Likes
crazycowboyaz

Update didn't come out.

0 Likes
bkthomson

I have been without 3G in my area all morning.  Is there problems?

0 Likes
steven5424

I tried the software update this morning and got "No new software update available". I have tried this several times over the last couple of days and either get that message, or the one that states "The service is not available".

What is next MikeS?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for catching that 21stNow!  I edited my link per your recommendations.  Thanks again.  This update will be available in batches.  If it does not work for you,  we will have to wait until it is available.  I have not received mine yet, but I am sure it will be soon. 

Thanks again for everyone's patience. 

0 Likes
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

hope it fixes the radio issues, i've barely been able to use any data because it always cuts out giving me errors.. 'Newtwork Error' and  'connecton failed'

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feed back about not having 3G service in your area. In bkthomson's post, the location was not specified. So, it would hard to check and see if there are service issues. At the time of this response, overall we are not experiencing service issues. A suggestion would be to power off and on your device to see if it restores the service to the phone. 

0 Likes
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

EdW_VZW wrote:

Thank you for your feed back about not having 3G service in your area. You were not specify your area in your posting so it would hard to check if there are issue where your located. At the time of this response, overall we are not experiencing service issues.

A suggestion would be to power off your device for a good minute and power the device back on to to see if it restores service. 

i'm in NY but  whether i am at home or work its the same thing. I've tried battery pulls, restarts, and even factory reset. Im currently running stock, with no apps downloaded and i don't have any 4G service at the moment (i am in a 4G area) and i use to get 4G on the phone but it cuts out.

0 Likes
Wunderbolt

Iv'e lost data connection 3 times within 3 hours this morning here in NE Alabama.  Pulling the Sim card and rebooting always gets it back, but having to do that every hour is getting very annoying.:smileymad:  I called tech support after the 2nd loss and he said he reset the signal or something, but I lost data again within a few minutes.  "Verizion has the most unreliable network ever"

0 Likes