2nd defective HTC one. Have to get a refurbished one now. Really?
ocubbyo

So, I experience the faint ringing with the first htc one...it also had terrible network connection problems. It had worse reception than my 3 year old Droid X. I took it in, they told me to do a factory reset and bring it back within 30 days if it happened again...it did. I got a replacement and this one has terrible built quality. The white middle section is slightly off making it higher than the metal section on the top. This also makes it so the button is flush with the top, making it difficult to push. The metal hangs over the white section on the bottom making a sharp edge. The glass also sits higher than the metal making both the top and the bottom edges sharp. The sound that comes from the headphone jack is also quite different from the first. It's extremely bass heavy and muddy even with "beats" turned off. Turning "Beats Audio" on makes it completely unacceptable.

I've had the replacement for 2 days (it's day 30 since the original). They are now saying I'll have to use insurance for a refurbished replacement. So, I paid full price, have had two defective units and now my only choice is to get a used one. What kind of garbage system is this.

0 Likes
Re: 2nd defective HTC one. Have to get a refurbished one now. Really?
Klue
Master - Level 1

Why did you even except the second phone with all the imperfections you listed.  From what it sounds like a used one would probably be in better shape than the two you got,  Anything returned after the free return period is replaced with a used phone, which so states in the contract you signed.

0 Likes