Highlighted

Re: iPhone Palm Pre or Pixi

I can understand your frustration.  Sadly, Verizon's CEO, CFO and other execs have never truly 'got it'.  It's sad that such educated people can be so oblivious to what the public truly wants, even after being told over 1 million times GET BETTER PHONES.  I was a customer of Verizon years ago after helping build their network in LA.  They have the best service of any carrier.  When the iPhone came out I was so fed up with their phone selection though, that I switched over to the evil giant AT&T.  I loved the iphone, it is unmatched as far as I'm concerned.  Compared to Verizon's current line up it would be like comparing a Ferrari to a Yugo (a super crappy car in the 1980's).  The problem with AT&T is their service is expensive, their coverage in LA is absolute **bleep**! and they don't care that their service sucks.  I eventually came back to Verizon and I as well am still waiting in Limbo (not sure what I did to deserve such crappy phone selection) but I have hope that SOMEDAY they will catch on and accept change.

I guess this is what I would say to Verizon execs (if they are listening): "You are clearly educated people yet sadly, Steve Jobs, a man that dropped out of college and became a gazillionaire inventing Apple, seems to know a hell of a lot more about what people want than your multi-million dollar think-tank and all the advertising money you've managed to waste since the dawn of AirTouch.  When 300,000,000 Americans see the iPhone, the Android and the Palm Pre... they think WHOA, how come my carrier doesn't have that?  Maybe you can look around you and see how many people have left Verizon in recent years, in search of better phones.  Newsflash: many of them are your former customers!  Here's a thought... get better smart phones... get... customers to come back?  I know... you can thank me for the idea later".

Don't worry.  Someday those braniacs with their advanced degrees and all that education will come up with a similar idea only think they're the ones that figured it out!  Now, if we could just get them to switch from CDMA to GSM... maybe by the time Star Wars becomes reality...

0 Likes
Highlighted

I can understand your frustration.  Sadly, Verizon's CEO, CFO and other execs have never truly 'got it'.  It's sad that such educated people can be so oblivious to what the public truly wants, even after being told over 1 million times GET BETTER PHONES.... I loved the iphone, it is unmatched as far as I'm concerned.  Compared to Verizon's current line up it would be like comparing a Ferrari to a Yugo (a super crappy car in the 1980's).  The problem with AT&T is their service is expensive, their coverage in LA is absolute **bleep**!

Actually, Verizon's CEO, CFO, and other executivies have "got it." They understand they have not needed to offer top of the line smart phones to keep the company profitable. I am with you on Verizon's selection of smart phones being garbage, but there has been no reason for them to improve Verizon's inventory. Customers may desire better, more advanced phones but, at the end of the day, they have settled for what Verizon offers and renew their contracts. Verizon customers have no one to blame but themselves for Verizon's poor selection of smart phones.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I share the same frustration. I have tried Blackberry. I just don't like it. The interface is not intuitive for me. I have also owned a Windows Mobile device. There were too many bugs and crashes.  I know there are some that swear by Blackberry and Windows Mobile, but I am not one of them, and it seems Verizon's options for me are shrinking. The old Palms are on the way out and the most recent news is that Verizon will not carry the new Palm Pre. 

I have decided on a touch phone without a tactile keyboard. My hopes are floating now on the Samsung Omnia 2, but Verizon is being tight lipped about its plans for this phone and it is a Windows Mobile device. Luckily, if nothing surfaces in the next few months, AT&T has good service in my area and the iPhone is an option. I have played with the iPhone as well. Nothing I have seen can beat it for responsiveness and ease of use. 

I guess we'll see what the next few months will bring.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the same opinion as you do about both Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices.  I played with a Blackberry for about 5 minutes and couldn't stand using the little rolly-ball instead of simply tapping the field I wanted.  And Windows Mobile is great if you don't mind spending half the day waiting for the various applications to load.  Palm had the best of both worlds:  a touch screen when you wanted it and buttons when you needed them.  The two combined with a no-frills layout made for super-speedy navigation and data entry.  It may not look cool or have TouchFlo, but I really like being able to accomplish things in seconds and not have to take my eyes off the road.

So I've decided just to keep my 755p and buy a new one off eBay whenever I finally use it to death.  I'm hoping Palm will put some buttons on a WebOS device in the future.  That would be fun!

Anyway, just my two cents.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I contacted Verizon about this and got an answer that I really did not like.  Verizon WILL NOT getting the Palm Pre because they said Palm phones are not compatiable with the direction of network service they are going in.  If Verizon gets the I-phone then we will know why.  I am now very reluctantly looking to go to elsewhere

0 Likes
Highlighted

0 Likes
Highlighted

i hope this is true and verizon there is a major problem with getting information from CS .  Don't get me wrong, the CS guy was great and even did researched and phoned me back.  We had several conversations.  But it seems like you are not providing good information to your people internally.  It's a good thing that I checked this board again and I wlll be phoning again to see if I get the same answer that I already received.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon is getting their version of the Palm pixi and pre January 25th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received an email from Palm, not from Verizon.

http://www.palm.com/us/  these are different from the sprint phones.  it seems that some of the bugs and cons have been fixed with these.

0 Likes