Highlighted

Re: WebOS 1.4.5.1 roll-out requests!

It's easy to file a complaint online with the FCC! I did it in just a few minutes! Here is the link:

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

If we get a few more people complaining, maybe VZW will be forced into action.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

What type of complaint should we file?  We should all choose the same type to make sure we are heard.  It's either Service or Deceptive advertising I think.

Here are the choices:

• Telemarketing calls (including Do-Not-Call), prerecorded messages and unsolicited commercial emails received on a wireless phone
  •  Deceptive or unlawful advertising or marketing by a communications company (does NOT include Telemarketing)
  •  Billing, Service, Privacy, Number Portability and other issues
    INCLUDES:
    • Billing issues
      (e.g. roaming charges, rounding, service plan rates, early termination charges, refunds, adjustments)
    • Service issues
      (e.g. dead spots, dropped calls, service interruption)
    • Privacy issues
      (buying and selling phone records [CPNI])
    • Portability issues
      (keeping your wireless phone number after a change of location or service provider)
    • Other issues
      (e.g. operator-assisted calls)
  •  Disability access to communications services and equipment
  • Problems completing a 911 call from your wireless phone
  • Tower Light outages, signal interference to a public safety service or device
  • Amateur and Citizen Band (CB) radio problems
  • Interference to non-emergency devices
0 Likes
Highlighted

I sent a strongly worded message to Verizon through their "Email Us" "Feedback" page on Tuesday.  I got a robotic response promising an answer in 24 hours.

Today (Thursday, 48 hours later) I first received a wierd text message from an "unknown number" telling me that I would be recieving a phone call regarding my email.  This may be because my wife is the account holder of record, but still strange.

Then a woman named Sherree called me and pleasantly started to explain that software for phones comes from the Phone manufacturer (palm) and that as soon as they send it to Verizon that we would get it.

I politely cut her off and asked if she had read this thread on the forums, as I had inlcuded a link in my email.  I said it was obviously not true, that the Pixi Plus had it and Sprint Pre owners had it, so there was no reason for them to claim they did not have it.  Furthermore I told her that my problem wasn't that we had to wait so much as the fact that we are getting NO ANSWERS from Verizon, and when we do get an answer it is boilerplate that can not be based on facts.

I asked her to ESCALATE the call higher up the chain and to please note that  I expect a follow up contact from Verizon after escalation.  She said she would do that.  I also told her that there were thousands of pretty angry customers here, many of us having been otherwise loyal and satisfied with Verizon for the most part but seriously thinking of leaving because of this issue.

Later in the day I received an email that included this text:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Sheree, and I am happy to assist you regarding the software update for the Palm Pre Plus. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I recognize the importance of updating your device. I will be happy to assist you today.

Mr. XXXXX,  it was a pleasure speaking with you today. The current software for your Palm Pre Plus is 1.4.1.1 which is supported by Verizon Wireless. All software is pushed out from Palm to Verizon Wireless, any other software would not be supported. Therefore, once we receive the update we provide the links to our customer immediately. I have forwarded your concerns into the voice of the customer. The feedback goes to our marketing and management department.

As frustrating as it seems, I think everyone who reads this post should send in their own emails to Verizon and let them know calmly that they are not pleased and that we expect a real answer.

As much as the text of the post from PreCentral made me happy, it is clearly not a message that has been distributed throughout the company, so I remain dubious.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The lack of communication from Verizon about the 1.4.5 update is completely unacceptable.

The Customer service representatives that keep responding that they don't have any information at this time is unacceptable.

Customer service should have an answer for the customer, that is how they serve the customer.

If they don't have an answer, they need to be escalating the question up the ladder until they get an answer. If that means sending the customer's question to the senior vice president of customer service and asking them to walk down the hall and talk to the senior vice president of Palm updates (or whatever their job is) and getting an answer, then do it. If that doesn't get an answer then you escalate it even further and send the question to the CTO and the CEO and the COO and see if any of them have the ability to demand that the software guru's give them an answer for the customer.

I'm to the point of writing an OP-ED piece for every wireless trade magazine that I can find and hammering away at Verizon until they start to provide support for ALL of their phones and customers, not just the ones that buy a Droid.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Any answer is better than " There's No information at this time" They have had the Update, they can certainly say what's holding it up.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I know what it is!!!! They haven't figured out how to cripple the GPS in the 1.4.5 update yet!! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ditto,I am waiting also and would like to add an Amen to your post.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Look, my wife has a palm pre plus and if you go to phonedog.com, it states that 1.4.5 will rollout in 2 weeks, other than that stop complaining and I don't even understand why its so important, flash is not being associated with this update,{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

gunnerntc2010 wrote:

I don't even understand why its so important, flash is not being associated with this update,

It is Important to those of us that actually USE the Phone other than for calls, 

#1 the GPS has been messed up since launch.

#2 We are locked out of the PDK apps, which are the Apps Most Pre owners want.

#3 It's important for Verizon to be FIRST, not dead last, I expect more from the top provider on the market.

#4 I don't know how long you have been using a Smartphone, But this is NORMAL for Verizon, Even before the Pre it's been terrible getting quick updates if at all, (Ask any Blackberry user)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

@macdaddy - check VZWSupport on Twitter - lots of posts saying "It is being rolled out now" and something about "random batch" whatever the heck that means... :smileywink:

Since I am not a gamer - my only real "need" here is for GPS to finally work, (if that was in fact rolled into Verizon's part of this delay), and security of PDF arena/etc.

We shall see eh?

(I sure don't trust anything I read on twitter after the LAST update go-around).

0 Likes