Highlighted

Verizon not getting Pre???

seanchk79

If this is true, I'm leaving after 10 years as a loyal customer. First the iPhone and now the Pre??? You need to get better devices. Your network is great but we want the best devices.

http://www.precentral.net/rumor-verizon-skip-pre

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon not getting Pre???

Tdc2010

I am with you!  I've been a loyal verizon customer since 1997 but this may be the last straw (if it is true).  I have been month to month for a while hoping to replace my Treo 755p with a Palm Pre.  If they can't figure out a way to make this work then I suppose it is off to Sprint as soon as Verizon confirms there is no webOs phone coming our way - SEE YA big red - "can ya hear me now?"

0 Likes
Highlighted

Carl
0 Likes
Highlighted

seanchk79

Verizon is not one for carrying the cool devices (iPhone, Pre). The possibly of the Pre coming to kept me from jumping ship over to AT&T and the iPhone.

Verizon needs to realize that their App Store will pale in comparison to the iPhone's and the Pre's. I'm willing to bet that part of the success of the iPhone is the App store. I don't want a phone in which I'm limited to apps whose prominent color is red.

0 Likes
Highlighted

ElPoblano

I have been with Verizon since I was 16.  I'm fed up with poor customer service, ridiculous 'V Cast' garbage, and a lack of any phone that even is marginally worth the money they charge.  If they don't release the Palm Pre, I will be dumping Verizon like its going out of style.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Drinkie1

I have been with Verizon since 2001, and have pretty much always felt they were behind the curve considerably on the handset side. The most recent disappointment was the Storm, although some of that goes to RIM for making such a sad touch screen. I was at both the ATT and Sprint stores today, and Sprint is in the lead for my business, because of the awesome plans they have in place along with the Pre. ATT constantly is reported as having a troublesome network, and the latest MMS rumors on Boy Genius Report that there are issues with the network due to MMS is pretty sad. Seems Verizon are relying on their network to keep/gain customers, but they have to have cool devices that people want such as iPhone and Pre and Android phones at some point.

The iPhone plan is expensive IMHO once you add data, text, and the base minutes, so It look like I am going to head to Sprint and enjoy a Pre for a while. I know there are lots rumors around Verizon, but really? When was the last time they stepped up and got decent hands sets (I know I can hear you all say what about TP2 - but I don't want WinMo)? The other point has got to be the atrocious Vcast world, that is awful in the extreme.

To repeat what another scribe said "Can you hear me now Verizon"?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Tdc2010

Good news!  According to this story Verizon confirms that Pre is coming in January!

http://www.precentral.net/verizon-executive-confirms-pre-january-2010

0 Likes

iPhonelove

Verizon will be getting the Pre. 

The rumor that was started turned out to be false.

And to those of you who are ragging on them for not getting the iPhone, I agree. Verizon needs the iPhone. 

I believe they will get it in 2010, or 2011 since AT&T's exclusivity runs out in 2010. 

Then the iPhone will be on a network that can handle it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

fezzik
Novice

We are only finishing up year 2 of an exclusivity contract between Apple and AT&T.  They are in discussions now but no one even AT&T insiders know if it is leaning towards early ending or extension.  Verizon is the largest company and they feel that means they don't have to open up their network to cool phones.  They will lose more and more people as contracts run out and I can't for the life of me understand why they would be gaining ground unless people in Verizon only areas are just now starting to get cell phones because the offering of phones is the worst out there.  No other company has a worse line up than Verizon on phones right now.  By the way for what it is worth if you have played with the I-phone you would realize that it is overrated.  I would prefer an Android phone personally they are much easier to use. 

My ideal would be a Samsung phone with a qwerty keyboard and touchscreen running Android or some other Linux OS.

0 Likes
Highlighted

iPhonelove

Obviously you haven't played with an iPhone, especially not long enough to see the worth if you think its overrated. 

Its the best touch screen phone out there. Has the most responsive screen, best internet capabilities, etc. 

Besides that. Verizon won't be losing any customers. People understand that Verizon can't get a hold of the iPhone yet and, that several dozen new phones are headed to Verizon for just this year, which is almost at its end. Next year greater phones are suppose to appear on Verizon's network. Besides, having a great phone is useless if the network can't support it. 

0 Likes