Using a Palm Centro w/Prepaid Plan?

BWB56

So...my current phone (Motorola e815) is getting cranky. While trying to figure out what to do in terms of a replacement, someone tells me they have a hardly-used (got it for his spouse, who didn't like it) Palm Centro (Verizon, of course), and made me the proverbial Offer I Couldn't Refuse, which I quickly accepted. This works for me, since I'm one of those people who still really likes the Palm OS, and since the Centro appears to be Pelm's latest (and, yes, probably last) phone using this OS, it allows me to jettison not only my Moto, but also my Palm TX. So far, so very good.

The Problem: I'm doing the old pay-as-you-go thing (since another wireless provider which shall remain nameless committed some amazing–and well-publicized–billing errors, which were ultimately settled, but not before leaving a smoking crater where my credit rating used to be). Verizon, supposedly, is going to allow smartphones such as Palms and RIM Blackberrys to be used on no-contract plans, but no one seems to know exactly when, or whether the Centro gets to go along for the ride.

Anyone know what the straight story is? Is this going to happen? If not, will I just have to swallow hard and go with a contract plan (likely with a deposit on account of that pesky credit issue)?  And, no, BB/Droid is not in the cards

BWB

0 Likes

Re: Using a Palm Centro w/Prepaid Plan?

Axis

God.............  Your honesty is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo refreshing here!!!!

Hope you get all that you seek!!!!!  

......am the survivor of a thousand psychotic wars..........Axis

0 Likes

Re: Using a Palm Centro w/Prepaid Plan?

BWB56

Axis: Thanks. "Stuff" happens, I suppose. :smileyhappy:

Meanwhile: anyone have an idea or two on this?

- BWB

0 Likes