Palm Pre

momx3drr

I went down to Verizon today to look at phones again.  While I was there the salesperson kept pushing me towards buying the Palm Pre because it has Wi-Fi & she told me that I wouldn't have to have pay for internet at home because I could connect to the internet thru the Palm Pre on any laptop in my house.  I'd never heard of this before...

I'm not to sure about the Palm Pre - any feedback would be great.

0 Likes

Re: Palm Pre

supitsmike

momx3drr wrote:

I went down to Verizon today to look at phones again.  While I was there the salesperson kept pushing me towards buying the Palm Pre because it has Wi-Fi & she told me that I wouldn't have to have pay for internet at home because I could connect to the internet thru the Palm Pre on any laptop in my house.  I'd never heard of this before...

I'm not to sure about the Palm Pre - any feedback would be great.

What that salesperson was referring to was the Free Mobile HotSpot (savings of $40 dollars, something the rest of us have to pay for). You can tether your phone to your computer/laptop/anything that uses wifi, and use it up to 5GB of data worth (which, if you use it averagely on a day to day basis, is enough.).

The phone itself,  is nice. It comes with WebOS, which is a lovely operating system -- one of the best IMHO. The specs/hardware in the Palm Pre plus, is double that of the Pixi, but the Pixi honestly comes with a better form factor.

The largest gripe that I have with Palm Pre/Pixi is that they are unbearably slow for me. I can't stand that, but if anything you should go with the Pre Plus, as it coems equipped with 512 RAM and 16GB Rom.

0 Likes